✶ 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖶𝖺𝗌 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝖨𝗍: 𝖲𝗁𝗎𝗋𝗂 𝖴𝖽𝖺𝗄𝗎 ✶

Start from the beginning

"In case you wanted to chat. It looks like you need a friend." You advised her before taking your leave.

As Shuri watches your figure in the distance become smaller, her lips transform into a tiny smile at the thought of your sincere words to her, despite never acknowledging her before. This was the kindest that a stranger had ever been so nice to her and she treasured it.

Shuri didn't know you but you did know her. You were a close friend of Nakia and when T'Challa was around, the couple trusted you enough to tell you about the royal family and its members.

The princess was everything that you expected. Nothing more and absolutely nothing less. She was exceptionally stunning, both facial features and body physique, and that accent was....just so sexy.

When your body frame disappeared into the crowd of children, Shuri pondered on your kind suggestion, it was deemed healthy to create new friendships, so why not give it a shot?

Contemplating her decision, if she stayed alone it was eventually going to become tedious, and besides, you were allegedly interesting enough to spark up another conversation with.

Getting up from the log and dusting herself off, she strolled towards the west side of the beach to be met with a group of eager kids.

Shuri realized that you were nowhere to be seen and unknowingly a frown etched upon her face. A few children gathered around Shuri, curious about the newcomer's whereabouts.

Amongst the children stood her nephew, Toussaint, and his vibrant smile catches onto his aunt's. He swiftly ran up to her, tugging onto her hand and dragging her towards a cool shaded area. Without saying anything else, Touissant left the two to talk in private.

"I didn't think that you would have taken up on my offer." You persisted, chewing on the last of your watermelon.

"Well, I gave you the benefit of the doubt." She chuckles lightly before pointing at the free chair, her eyebrows mildly arched. "Can I sit here?" You nodded, allowing her to sit on the lounge chair next to you. Once, she had planted herself in the chair, a cold icy pina colada was handed to her.

Taking the cold drink with a soft chuckle and radiant smile,
"Cheers." You delicately clinked your glasses together and began drinking the sweet cold cocktail.

"I'm Shuri." She introduced herself.

"And I'm [name]." You greeted the girl beside you with a small grin. Soon enough, with you being an easy listener, Shuri gained the confidence to resume the conversation.

Toussaint had finished preparing a necklace for his new aunt and wanted to give her a welcome-home gift.

The neck jewelry consisted of shells with different varieties of shapes, colors, and sizes which were strung along by a thin piece of silver thread.

He got up from the table and ran towards his mother who was supervising the other children alongside a few other adults. "Hey, mama, can I give this to aunt Shuri? I made it just for her." With a crooked smile, he dangled the handmade necklace in front of Nakia's face.

"Of course, my son." They headed to the secluded area where you and Shuri were currently occupying.

Nakia stopped her son with a halt of her hand. "Wait until later, your aunt appears to be busy at the moment." The young boy follows his mother's perception, landing on you and Shuri giggling at one of her jokes while snacking on daiquiris and watermelon.

The two seemed to be deeply engrossed in their conversation, simultaneously having inquiries for the other, recalling funny memories and whatnots.

It was only when Shuri removed her eyes from you, she spotted the young black boy staring intensely back at the duo. The princess beckoned her relative over with a vibrant grin and the boy staggers over to the two of you.