CHAPTER 3 | Day 2 Part 1

ابدأ من البداية

Well, he's seen Tanqr, but only for a split second. And he's much too scared of Tanqr to even try to kill him. He's been acquainted with Tanqr ever since RB Battles, and he can tell you this quite clearly - Tanqr is terrifying.

What is he going to do? Is he just going to have to give up and take the drop? Either way he loses.

As Hyper sits in shocked despair, hair and face soaked, he hears some slashing from behind him, and whips around.

Think of the devil and he shall appear, apparently. Of course, it's Tanqr slicing open a creeper that had appeared nearby him.

"Be careful, Hyper. When you're out this late at night, mobs are going to sneak up on you. Don't want to be the first one to lose a life, now do you?" Tanqr stares, and to Hyper it sounds like taunting.

There's that feeling again. This must be what 'hostile' means. Wanting to kill every single person he comes across.

He immediately shoves it down. No. He'll figure out a better way. He really doesn't want to get blood on his hands.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Tanqr asks, tilting his head to the side. Uh oh. Is it that obvious?

"...Why are you out here so late? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Hyper responds, shifting the conversation elsewhere. Don't think about it.

"Oh, I wanted to collect some resources from these mobs. Everyone seems to think they're so scary, but they're surprisingly easy to kill. I'm gonna be able to make a bow when I go back to my base, which will be very useful." Of course that's how he's thinking. Tanqr's aim is spectacular. With a bow, he could kill anyone he wants with a few shots. That would be helpful to him right now. If only he had good aim. "What about you? What's up with you splashing water in your face while half-naked?" Tanqr stifles a laugh. Shoot, he forgot to put his shirt back on. That would be embarrassing normally, but right now? It's more terrifying,

"...I had a nightmare." he lies, turning around and rushing to cover up. His shirt's a little wet from his aggressive face washing, but it'll do.

"Are you sure about that? Then how come I can see a heart shaped mark on your chest?"

Hyper turns, and he nearly screams at the smile Tanqr's giving him. Who gave him the right to be so horrifying?

"You got cursed, didn't you? You're the boogeyman."

"..." He can't fight with that.

"Oh, you're in a pickle, Hyper. You're in a pickle. What are you going to do?"

"I...I was just thinking that myself. I don't know what to do, I don't want to kill anyone, but I have to-"

"Well, if you're thinking about killing anyone, don't kill me. I will not hesitate to punt you into a tree."

Hyper takes a step back.

"I wasn't thinking about killing you, and I'm definitely not now."

"Well, who are you going to kill, then?"

"I..don't know. I'm just gonna hope I get the opportunity to kill someone, or I'll just give up at sunset." He sighs.

Tanqr drops his smile, and he looks...sympathetic? That's a first.

"Hyper, you're not just going to give up at sunset, are you? You're not a loser, my friend. You have more than that in you. Do you really want to see what they mean by 'out of the game'?"

Hyper shivers.

"I...I don't."

"Then you're gonna have to kill someone. Trust me, I don't want to see you drop down and die either. Someone's gonna die either way, so why should it be you, eh?" There he goes, smiling again.