♥28♥ Wishes upon a bamboo

Start from the beginning

Ranfa smiled at his wish because it was just like him. "I'm not going to make that wish. There isn't a need to wish for something when you're going to make it a reality, right?"

Kamitani looked at her and then he looked away. Ranfa tried to look at his face but he kept turning away from her.

"Why are you making such a smug looking face? Stop it."

"I was thinking how full of youth you are~. Ah." She actually received a soft bonk to the head.

"I need to go now." Kamitani took Ranfa's hand, "I'll have more time if we lose but I have no intention of losing." 

"And you taking away someone helping us, because???" Usaida didn't want Ranfa to leave because that meant he needed to pick up his act and help the kids pick up after themselves. He wanted to be lazy and help everyone by breathing and existing.

"I want her to act as our Manager for the time being." Kamitani explained, "We tried to get someone else to replace her but they're not doing a good job." 

"That's because they're thirsting for you." Ranfa said that because she was there when she saw the result of the baseball team trying to find a replacement for her. No matter what year the replacement manager was in, they're all thirsting for Kamitani. "They make you out to be a prince but in reality you're quick to anger; you can't cook to save your life; you're dumb at certain areas, and you like to solve things with insufficient amount of violence."

"Is that really how you see me? What does that say about you who is dating me, huh?" 

"Hey, just because I point out your flaws, doesn't mean I don't love them." 

Kamitani made a 'tch' as he headed out with her. "Let's go already." He moved his baseball cap down a little as if it was stopping her from seeing his face. 

"...the back of your ears are red." 

"It's summer." 

"Blame it on the season, huh? Classic." 

"Be quiet." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And something really did happen. A miracle actually graced the school. 

"Breaking news! Breaking news!" Usokawa was carrying the local newspaper. The breaking news was their school, Morinomiya Academy, baseball club actually managed to defeat the team that went to Koshien last year. And printed on the paper was Kamitani in the middle of hitting the baseball with his bat.

Ranfa took the newspaper from Usokawa and looked at it herself, "Hm, he is picture perfect." She took a picture of the newspaper with her phone.

"It's not fair!" Usokawa slammed himself against the desk, wailing and crying about the injustice of the world. "Why does he have a beautiful girlfriend like Sakura and still be very popular with other girls! It should've been me! Not him! It's not fair!"

"C-cheer up, Usokawa..." Ryuuichi looked at his other classmates, hoping they'd say something to comfort Usokawa too. 

"Y-yeah! Cheer up! You already knew Kamitani is popular from day 1 anyway." 

"Yeah! Besides! Everything happens for a reason!" 

Ranfa snickered at that sentence, "'Everything happens for a reason' is a poor man's way of cheering themselves up when things don't go favorably in their way." 

Ryuuichi looked at Ranfa, his eyes silently telling her now's not the best time. 

"Oh. Oh shit, sorry."