Bloodbath Josi POV

Everyone looked terrified. Sweat dripped down their faces. I smirked, thinking about all the weapons I had snuck in my belt. Those foolish capitol people don't know what they've done, putting me in the hunger games.

Too easy.

I study the packs around me, and see another girl roughly the same height as me with purple ombre hair studying them as well. She doesn't look as scared as the others.

Hmm, could she be a challenge?

I wipe the thought from my mind as the bell does the sixty second countdown, but something in her nervous expression makes me feel like she could prove not to be another failure.

Twenty, nineteen, eighteen.

I tense as the bell sounds, then leap forward and sprint towards a compact. The girl with purple is behind me grabbing a compact.

I snatch the medical kit bag with the pills and bandages and sprint off.

I turn to look behind me one more time and I see Toby, the other tribute from my district, dead, the girl with purple hair standing over him with a bloody sword.

Damn.

I think as she darts away to the forest, behind me. She is nearly as fast as me and silent as a hunter.

I leap into a tree and watch her hair flying out behind her as she disappears into the tree line.