"Not now, Shadow. I'm busy," she said. "Almost there. Almost got it."

I nodded to the kid and he pressed the button, making Ahsoka fall to the ground.

"Kumay na," the kid said, pointing at the buttons.

I chuckled, giving the kid a high five. Ahsoka groaned.

"I tried to warn you, Ahsoka," I said.

"I guess I'm not exactly on my game these days," she said, standing up.

She ignited her lightsaber, cutting a hole through the glass. She jumped first, with the child, then I jumped. Ahsoka discreetly slowed my fall down with the force. I looked at her with gratitude. We returned the child to his mother.

"Thanks, kid. We owe you one," Ahsoka said.

We began walking away from the kid and his mother. Ahsoka put her hood up and I put mine up. We'd walked a distance in silence before turning into an alley. There was a noise behind us. We turned around to be met with by the ground. I was a few feet away from Ahsoka. I watched in pain as the person pulled out and ignited two red lightsabers, holding them to Ahsoka's neck.

"No," I groaned, trying to get up.

"Shadow, don't try anything," Ahsoka said.

"Well, well. I didn't believe it when I first heard it, but I guess it's true," the voice came, out sounding modulated. "The Senate has put a nice bounty on your horned head. As for the other girl, well, I suppose I could turn you both in. I might make some more money for turning in someone who helped the rogue Jedi," she chuckled, unveiling her face. "And I'm going to be the one who collects the bounty."

"Ventress!" Ahsoka gasped. "It was you, wasn't it?" Ventress grabbed Ahsoka's lightsaber, hooking it on her belt. "You were behind all of this, and you framed me!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Ventress stated calmly.

"Yes, you do!" Ahsoka said. "So what are you now, a bounty hunter?"

"Yes, and someone who knows how to make easy money," Ventress replied, helping Ahsoka up.

She shoved Ahsoka, grabbing me and shoving me next to Ahsoka. "You're both going to make me a lot of money."

We walked for a while, Ventress having a firm grip on each of our biceps. Although I could get out of this grip easily, I knew Ventress would probably cut me down. After all, there was no bounty on my head. At least, not that I knew of.

"You think you're just gonna hand us over?" Ahsoka finally asked. "And then what, get a pat on your shoulder? You're a Separatist war criminal, and a Sith. They'll have us both in prison before you can say your name, and Shadow will be on trial for desertion and aiding a fugitive."

"I don't have to hand you over to the Jedi. I can hand you over to the bondsman and still get paid. I'm gonna get my money whether you're dead or alive."

"Heh, good luck," I said.

"Despite what you hear, I'm still a Jedi," Ahsoka said.

"I'm afraid the other Jedi no longer see it that way," Ventress said.

"I hate to admit it, but you're right," Ahsoka said. "That's why I'm going to need your help."

"Ahsoka, we can't ask Ventress for help!" I exclaimed.

"Shadow, trust me on this one, okay?" she turned towards me.

I sighed reluctantly. "Yes, ma'am."

"In what star system do you think I would ever help you?" Ventress asked, unmasking her face once again.