2-15: Post Fire Storm (Spider 47)

Start bij het begin

Majikku: I'm impressed you remember I exist.

You guys are me, so you two don't count.

I mean, we talked to ourselves all the time even before we got the [Multi-Minds] Skill.

Anyway, "Oh, Mr Fire Wyrm, don't be mad, you are so kind to bring me the delicious dragon eels. Please have this [Deadly Spider Venom] as my gift of gratitude and love from the bottom of my heart. Teehee."

Karada: Is it just me or...

Majikku: She has finally lost it, rest in peace, Interu.

"You died from the deliciousness too? Aww, you're making me blush here."

Now, Karada?

Karada: Descaling, right? Yeah, on it. 4/4 G-G-A-G-(F F) E-F | G-G-A-G-(F FF) | G-G-A-G-(F F) E-F | G-G-A-B-B-C BB ...

It's sure nice to have someone else do your work.

But I will feel bad if I don't do anything useful myself in the meantime.

Let's see what we got from the battle.

We are now LV15 and obviously, a bunch of our Skills have improved.

We also got two new Titles, [Wyrm Slayer] and [Fearbringer].

We got [Wyrm Slayer] for defeating an unspecified number of wyrm type Monsters.

It increases our damage against said Monsters.

Majikku: So like [Monster Slayer] and [Monster Slaughter].

And the Title gave us [Life] and [Wyrm Power].

[Life] we don't need to talk about, especially since [Longevity] absorbed it.

[Wyrm Power], when activated, consumes MP and SP to increase Stats, much like [Mental Warfare] and [Magic Warfare], though unlike them our Magic and Resistance Stats are also boosted too, not just the physical ones.

Majikku: Oh good, a buffing Skill that helps me with my Magic too.

Onto [Fearbringer], we got it by inducing an unspecified amount of [Fear Resistance] Proficiency in others.

Majikku: Ah, I bet we got it from the monkeys and the dragon eels then.

It apparently induces the Heresy effect Fear into everyone in a certain range and since this is a Title, we can't turn it off.

Majikku: Hold up! That means everything will run away from us! Now we have an even harder time catching catfishes!

We really need that [Inferno Nullification] to chase them in magma too, don't we? Nai wa...

Ironic that the coward is the one scaring everybody off.

Anyway, we got the Skills [Intimidation] and [Heretic Attack] from the Title.

[Intimidation] also induces Fear the same way [Fearbringer] does and as a Skill, can be turned off and on, which I guess isn't all bad.

Like, we can get people to back off and stop bothering us with this.

Y'know, like how Rihoko does it with her death glare?

Karada: Ah man, she was so edgy, my role model for sure!

Majikku: But wasn't she depressed about something around when we were isekai'd?

Yeah, I wonder what she is up to?

Well, it's not like we will see anyone from our old life again, so let's move on.

[Heretic Attack] adds the Heresy effect Rend Soul to our attacks, which directly damages the Soul.

Majikku: So it goes beyond mental pain and illusions?

Yep! Scary stuff if you think about it.

Good thing we have [Heresy Nullification] so we don't need to worry about being on the receiving end.

And we have 500 Skill Points now, enough for [Spatial Magic]!

It has to include a teleport Spell, right?

Majikku: Even if it's not available right away, I can level it up relatively quickly thanks to Wisdom-sama's bonus to Magic Skills.

And if we can use it with Wisdom-sama's map, we can teleport back to the Upper Stratum!

Majikku: Then what are we waiting for?

And...There! Let's try it now!

Majikku: I can make a green box to designate a position in space.

What's that for? Pinning an objective for your teammates to see?

Majikku: I think it's meant to be used with more advanced Spells, like say, designating a location to teleport to.

Ah, that makes sense, but doesn't that mean it's harder to use since you need to combine Spells to get the desired effect?

Majikku: Yep, [Spatial Magic] is far more advanced than most other Magic, but it's so gonna be worth learning. I mean, just look at what my 'useless' Magic did for us in that battle.

Yeah, you're a real lifesaver back there with the Magic support and ideas!

Majikku: I know you know, but a certain someone who has been really quiet may not.

Karada: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Karada...

Karada: Okay fine! I'm sorry! To the both of you! I couldn't have survived without your help.

There we go. Was it so hard?

Majikku: You are the one screaming in panic while we tell you what to do. So really, who's the MVP here? Definitely not you, that's for sure!

Karada: Karma is such a bitch.

By the way, Majikku, how many different Spells can you use at once?

Majikku: It depends, with the [Spatial Magic] Spell we just got, I can probably manage two other simple Spells on my own.

Then focus on training [Spatial Magic], actually, why don't I help you out while we wait for the descaling to be done.

Majikku: Finally, my first student.

Karada: Hey! I wanna learn Magic too!

Majikku: Says the fool who looked down on Magic, besides, I promised to teach you Magic once we reached the Upper Stratum.

Karada: Nai wa, I hate my past self.

Heh, don't we all?

While Karada did the boring work of descaling, I learned about Magic from Majikku.

Turns out [Shadow Magic] isn't as useless as I once thought.

I mean, I thought the Spells themselves are pretty underwhelming from the test results from before, but multiple [Shadow Magic] Spells can be combined to create much more desirable effects.

The other important thing we figured out is that multiple people, or minds in this case, can work on the same Spell together to increase the stability, power and/or speed of the Rune.

Majikku is confident she can use [Abyss Magic LV1: Hell Gate] with one other mind helping her.