Chapter 27: Opposing Ideals

En başından başla

The three silently arrived at the clubhouse and Koneko lead them to a hallway reminiscent of a dormitory. Opening a door, she walked in and invited the three. "Sorry if It's a bit dusty."

They walked inside and were met with a cozy little room. The walls had a few posters for a couple of punk bands, the bed wasn't made, and a hanging punching bag laid dead in the corner. Y/N sneezed. "Yeah, really need to do some dusting."

Koneko sat down on the bed, her frown still present. They simply enjoyed the silence for a moment before Koneko sighed. "I remember all of it. I forgot about you two."

"Ah. That's what this is about." Y/N understood.

"It is alright. It couldn't, be helped."

"Wow, thanks for that. That definitely cheered me up." Koneko sassed. She absentmindedly rubbed at the mark on her neck. "This mark, I consider it a symbol of what we have. The fact that I forgot? I don't deserve this thing."

The two stared at eachother before taking seats on the bed next to her.

"You don't need to feel guilty. The big red bastard had the power to make someone's deepest dreams a reality, even if you don't realize you want it." Y/N reached out and gently patted Koneko's head. "You're allowed to have a life outside of us y'know."

"Even if, you don't believe it...Your dream involes your sister. We do not need to fit into that equation. It is simply between you, and your sister."

"I get that. It's hard to not feel guilty though." Koneko leaned up against Y/N, her nekoshou features appearing. "Still, knowing that you guys aren't upset takes a load of my shoulders. Thanks."

"No problem." Y/N smiled. "Yo, you mind telling everyone I won't be coming after school? Got something that I need to do."

"Hmm? Sure I guess."

"Thanks. 'Preciate it."

////

Yui sighed as she left the school. Today was taxing, and her new parasite decided distracting her would be the best way to amuse himself.

She looked up from the grounds and spotted Y/N waiting for her at the gates. He calmly gave a two finger salute in greeting.

Yui sighed, knowing Y/N wouldn't let her ignore him. Shaking her head, she walked over. "What do you want?"

"Someone's aggressive today."

"Yeah, wonder why that is." Yui walked past Y/N, who turned and followed her.

"Look kid..." Y/N started. "I just wanted to apologize."

"About what? The fact you're a selfish douchebag who doesn't care about anyone but himself?"

"Nah, that'll never change. Wanted to apologize about your guitar."

Yui stopped. She had gotten so caught up in her anger towards Y/N that she forgot all about the fact he broke her guitar.

"It was signed by somebody right? I know it doesn't exactly fix anything, but I wanted to atleast get you a new guitar."

"Is this your way of trying to get my forgiveness?" Yui narrowed her eyes.

"That's what an apology is for, right?"

Yui looked down in contemplation. "Fine. But I'm still mad at you."

"Sweet! C'mon!"

Yui was confused. "We don't have anyplaces that sell guitars in Kuoh."

"Psh! Duh! We're going to Akihabara."