7. threats have been made

Start from the beginning

She felt Rhaenyra hold her hand together and so she brought her other hand to rub her back gently, feeling the princess' back shake like her dragon had when they flew to Dragonstone the day before.

Lord Corlys stood from his chair, that being the only noise anyone could hear after moments of silence, "This is an absurdity. My house is Valyrian, the greatest power in the realm".

"And I am your king".

Corlys straightened at his tone and looked to the Hand who sat with a small smile, his plan working full motion but knew one part of his plan was missing, but it wouldn't be long before he hatched it as he looked to Roseva for a moment before looking away.

The man left quickly, leaving Rhaenyra to continue staring at Alicent with a look of betrayal that the Hightower girl couldn't meet. "Rhaenyra".

Roseva watched the princess leave after her father's words, the king watched as she left with a sad gaze before looking at his daughters friend. "Roseva".

The woman looked back at him with a blank expression, "Don't", she muttered before casting a sympathetic look to Alicent before glaring at Otto and storming off after Rhaenyra.

Roseva remembered how the princess collapsed into her arms when she found her in the gardens and held her as she sobbed — the memories that the three had here only left tears and betrayal now.

"Do you think I'm being too harsh?", Rhaenyra asked as they laid by the fireplace with Roseva writing a letter to her cousin, Steffon Baratheon who she was extremely close with — he was slightly older than Rhaenyra now and had been sending letters over the years.

Roseva sealed the envelope and tutted to the Princess, "You are allowed to feel however you feel, no point in faking it for her sake".

Rhaenyra sighed deeply and rolled over to her back, staring at the roses and stars painted on Roseva's chamber ceiling, "I'm just so angry, sooner or later she's going to be popping children out that may be a son, everything he's ever wanted".

The Baratheon women rolled her eyes at the truth, "You are his first child, that will always mean something and your mother was his truest and deepest love, wouldn't worry your pretty little head about matters that won't matter to you until you are of age and even then, Viserys will have to go through me before matching you with some fat lord who can't tell the difference between a rose and a tulip".

Rhaenyra laughed, it always came down to flowers with Roseva but she appreciated the gesture of kind words and turned her head to the woman attaching her letter to a black crow, "I love you".

Roseva watched the crow fly away before turning and smiling down at the princess, "I love you more".

"Not possible".

The two laughed shortly, Roseva brought some heavy books over and placed them on the floor by the fire, the light shining brightly on the worn pages. She laid flat on her stomach and skimmed through the content until she stopped on one page in particular, "Look". Rhaenyra shifted over and looked down to the page.

"What does it mean?", Rhaenyra asked, her eyes skimming over the page of Baratheon history.

Roseva hummed, "My mother's distant relative by marriage is Rhaenys' uncle, making you and me somewhat related but not by blood". Rhaenyra smiled at that, "No matter what, I will always be there for you because you are my family and I always take care of my family".