He opened his mind and heart to her, for he knew that he was in no condition to speak anything but broken words and whimperings. He knew he wouldn't be able to contain the tears he had held onto for so long. So all he could do was show her the reason for his anguish. How miserable he had felt throughout the year, how his once-blazed passion for Quidditch had stopped burning and why he had ceased the effort of pursuing the thing that once gave him so much joy. 

Draco couldn't help it, being surrounded by so many things that were all equally important and being unable to juggle all of them at once. He was so overwhelmed by everything, with demons that taunt him at night. He couldn't sleep at all.

The two of them had been suffering in an endless battle with themselves, Aine with her hatred and grief and Draco with his desperation and torment. Neither had much time to take a moment to breathe and live their life as youths these days. Perhaps, just for today, they could take a step back. After days, weeks and months of neverending mending of the cabinet and planning the assassination, they were exhausted and their lives had become dull.

Draco remained in Aine's arms until he was dried of tears, the girl had held him until he was alright. It was only after he had wept, that the embarrassment came to him at long last. It was the first time he cried in front of her, let alone in front of a woman other than his mother. His cheeks were tinted with pink and were more evident especially when his face was pale from the cold. When he pulled away, Aine spotted how bashful he had become and he pouted. "Don't you dare laugh," he warns.

Aine stifled a laugh upon witnessing his adorable pout, she hugs him again and comforted him. "Now why would I do that?" she questioned as if hearing the most ridiculous thing ever.

"That's because I've never shown you this side of me before. If anyone knows that Draco Malfoy was bawling his eyes out—" he said and Aine places a finger over his lips. He blushed at the action and his mouth clamped shut.

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about crying," she tells him, caressing the remains of the tears at the corner of Draco's eyes. "We all cry, Draco. It is not a weakness. It's because you've been strong for too long." 

Draco sniffed and his lips curled slightly at her words. 

"Do you feel better now?" she asks him and he reluctantly nodded. Crying your heart out always seemed to do the trick, but Draco wasn't sure if he was feeling numb from the cold or empty now that his tears were all out. Either way, he was feeling much better.

"Good, now come," Aine said to him, taking his arm as she brings him to the Room of Requirement. As much as both of them loved the view and solace the tower had brought, she figured it was better to go someplace warm before Draco gets sick.

When Draco found himself at the place where the stupid cabinet was, he tensed up again, assuming that Aine wanted to continue mending the Vanishing Cabinet. However, Aine's motives were not to fix anything today, nor was she there to talk about how they should try to kill Dumbledore next. Though it was necessary they ought to discuss that soon, that day would most certainly not be today.

He became confused about where this was all going when Aine ignored the cabinet, sparing not a single look at the angular furniture. She guided him to a seat on a wooden desk and waved her wand to summon a few cleaned soft cushions to make it comfy for him. She merely simpers when he jerked upright when the pillows flew to his side. Then, she takes her coat off and sets it aside and Draco blinked in confusion. He gave a nervous chuckle, taking one of the plush cushions and placing his hands on top of it. 

"Wh- What are we doing?" he asks, genuinely puzzled. 

"I want to show you something," she replied with a sheepish smile.