dean moved some of the one eighteen firefighters back, "all right, guys, we're gonna do this really carefully," they got in there, "all right, come on, let's get in there,"

dean applied the jaws to the shark's mouth as eddie and chimney helped move the man's arm from the shark's mouth, "all right, let's get him transported, now!"

"nice and easy, nice and easy," chimney and eddie helped diego onto the gurney before some of the one eighteen helped put diego into the ambulance, "don't let her die, please,"

dean looked down at the shark, "captain, i have an idea," bobby looked to his lieutenant as dean told his captain the plan what the employees thought was good as they started to buckle the shark onto their ladder as the one eighteen drove to the shore.

"all right, coming down, quick,"

dean stands back not wanting to be near the tiger shark anymore than he had to, as buck helped the employees put the tiger shark into the water with the employees unbuckling the shark letting it swim in the water, "you see her? where is she?"

where a shark tail then appears from out of the water with the one eighteen and the shark employees cheering, "hey, too bad diego is missing it!" buck said as an employee recorded it, "he's not missing anything!"

dean stands impressed with himself, as bobby's hands come to his lieutenant's shoulder with a smile on his face, "good job, lieutenant," dean smiled appreciatively, "thank you captain,"

dean helped his captain along with henreitta clean the table, "i didn't know what to say, i figured i should stay out of it, but then.." hen looked at her captain, "mama got mean," dean chuckled at that.

"look," dean put a hand to his captain's arm, "there's a whole spectrum of mom a-types, you got the cooo mom, you got the helicopter mom, you got the tiger mom, and then you got beatrice," hen explains to both of the men, "yea, terrifying mom,"

dean nods his head at when the first time he met athena's parents was at harry's sixth birthday party and let's just say beatrice wasn't too happy about having dean matthews the son to nichols matthews, "she named her daughter after a greek god,"

bobby nods his head, "yea, athena, goddess of wisdom—" dean looked at them, "and war," he told them both, "also the goddess of crafting but that's a whole other story," hen chuckked, "but the point is, beatrice had big dreams for athena and even bigger expectations, but she knows how this world works, how hard athena would have to fight for everything,"

dean hummed at that, "so chlid-rearing was less about raising a daughter and more like training a warrior," she told them, "so, no shopping trips, manicures, and long talks over cups of tea?"

hen and dean both chuckled, "maybe i a tv commercial, but in real life? no one gets under their daughter's skin like a mom,"

their captain looked at them, "well, what am i supposed to do, just forget it? just forget all the mean things she's said to her?" dean frowned, "bobby, you said your piece, you had athena's back, props to you, by the way, but yea, they'll work it out, or they won't,"

hen stands in front of her captain and lieutenant, "either way, you do not want to be the man standing between them, you'll get cut down in the crossfire," bobby looked to hen, "your mother ever say those kind of terrible things to you?"

"oh, no, no, no—" hen shakes her head, "my mother, she said a whole bunch of different other terrible things," dean frowned at what his best friend said, "and you forgave her?" hen shrugged her shoulders, "she's my mother," bobby nods his head at that.

dean made his way down the stairs stopping when he sees maddie walking into the firehouse, "hey," he smiled when he saw her, "what are you doing here? looking for buck?" he asked now standing in front of her.

the smile on her face widened at the sight of dean in his fire uniform, "no, uh, actually i came to see you, give you this," she handed him a envelope, "oh, okay," he took out the papers seeing that it was divorce papers, "divorce papers? this feels so sudden,"

maddie chuckled making a smile come onto dean's face at the sound of her laughing, "this is, uh, a really big step, maddie, i mean, he's gonna know where you are," he tells the kendall women, "are you sure about this?"

she nods her head, "yea, i know it's a risk, but the only way i'm ever gonna feel free of him is to be free of him," dean nods his head at what she said, "uh okay, if you're sure then, uh, i'm here for you, whatever you need,"

dean showed off his smile, "well, you told me once that your calendar was wide open," dean hummed at what maddie was saying, "when i was ready," dean looked at her, "just, uh, name the date and time," he tells her, "friday seven pm,"

a frown comes onto his face, "uh actually, i'm kind of busy," she furrowed her eyebrows at that, "i'm kidding," he joked, "yes, i can't wait," he told her, "okay, i'll see you friday night," dean nods his head, "friday,"

her hands comes to his cheek where her head leaned in and pressed a kiss to his cheek, as dean closed his eyes as her lips moved away from his cheek with dean opening his eyes again to smile charmingly at her.

a whistle goes off, to what dean turned around seeing his captain, chimney, eddie and hen standing on the railing clapping their hands, "well played, well played," he let out a breath smiling looking to where maddie had walked away.

friday night had come around the corner, and dean couldn't handle his excitement to finally go on a proper date with someone he actually liked.

he rang maddie's door to what maddie answered seeing dean with red roses in his hands as he comes past maddie's gate not realising that maddie's ex husband had followed behind him.

dean felt a presence behind him turning around feeling a knife stab through his abdomen three times as he groaned at the impact falling onto the floor as he felt his body start to become cold outside of maddie and buck's house.