|1| Awaken

"The subjects have been recovered. ." Miranda stood in front of the mysterious head of the Cerberus conglomerate, the Illusive Man. He was smoking a large cigar.

"Perfect. I knew you were the one for this job." The Illusive Man said, taking a drag of his cigar. He had a neutral expression on his face.

"I do have a question however." Miranda stated, prompting the Illusive Man to look up.

"Hm? And what would that be?"

"I understand why we're recovering Shepard, she's special. A one of a kind. But why are we also recovering a random member of her crew? The only notable thing about him is that he was exiled." Miranda looked at the Illusive Man, a look of confusion on her face.

"Because." He took another drag from his cigar. "He's also special. He was illegally outfitted with powerful, experimental biotics at a young age. Their origin and make are unknown, at least to myself and my sources, but they seem to be much more powerful than any human biotics ever encountered. Perhaps even yours."

Miranda visibly mulled this over.

"Unfortunately." The Illusive Man took another drag of his cigar. "Most of his power seems to be untapped. Most of his potential energy is... Still only on that potential stage. Fortunately, I believe, with the help of Project Lazarus, we can pull that potential, and make it a guarantee." He took another drag. "Think you can make it happen?"

Miranda stood for a moment, thinking this all over. "Yes, sir."

She then phased out. She was only a hologram.

The Illusive Man took a final drag of his cigar, and put it out. He then pulled up two pictures on his monitor.

One was of Commander Jane Shepard, or her Alliance Military profile, and the other was an old document of some sort.

The Illusive Man looked these both over for a few seconds, before closing them again.
"Interesting..."

***

"(Y/N)!"

(Y/N) felt sluggish, and he had a massive headache. He moved his hands to his head and rolled away from the shout, groaning.

Then an explosion rang out.

"GAH!" (Y/N) quickly sat up. "What the hell??" He suddenly felt light headed, and he couldn't see anything clearly. His vision was horribly blurry.

"Alright, he's up! Now c'mon, we gotta make it to the docking bay!" Came an irritated shout from across the room.

"Hang on a minute!" Came a voice from his right. It sounded familiar...

"Shepard..? What's going on..?" (Y/N) asked. "I can't see.."

He was helped off of... A bed? He was on a bed?

"What? Wilson, why is he blind?" Shepard asked... Someone.

"Uh, must be a side effect of being dead for nearly two years, it'll probably go away, now come on!" The irritated voice, now known as Wilson, responded, then ran off.

"Eugh... Don't worry (Y/N), I got you.." Shepard wrapped one of (Y/N)'s arms around her shoulder and began to guide him.

The sound of a door opening rang out, and the nearby sounds of gunshots filled his ears.

More shouting happened, a new voice joining, this one being named Jacob, and more explosions blasted. It seemed to go on for hours, until, suddenly, it stopped.

"That should be the last of them. C'mon! The door's this way!" Wilson said, before the clanking of his feet ran away.

"Still got (Y/N)?" Jacob asked.

Mass Effect - Maximum Momentumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें