Let Me Love You

Author's note: This fanfic was inspired by the song "Drugs by Eden". I recommend you to listen to it. It is a work of fiction so please don't take it seriously. Thank you 🙏🏻 credits to owner of the beautiful cover picture.

Up dragged his tired feet to his bedroom after he finally got home. The fanmeeting was a success. The thrill of excitement and gratitude still fills him up.

It was a good day. His hard work has been fruitful. He feels very proud and content with himself.

He sat on his sofa and stared at the wall. Smiling to himself when he remembered the faces of his happy fans cheering for him. He should be happy really. It was his big day.

He knitted his eyebrows in confusion. Yes he should be happy, super happy as a matter of fact.

But what is this heaviness on his heart?

He kept pondering. Everyone was there for him. His friends, colleagues, family, and his lovely fans. They all told him they were very proud of him. But..

Everyone was there... Except him.

The one person he wanted to see the most.

He took his phone out of his pocket. One notification from Twitter. Numberx9th tweeted. He hurried to click on the notification but his face dropped quickly.

"Oh..."

It's just a photo with his fans. He sighed and clicked like anyway. Because despite the slight tug at his heart, he is glad Kao's event was a success.

He clicked on the hashtag. Smiling to see Kao in his basketball outfit. He looks very handsome as usual. He caressed his face through the screen slowly. But the picture is suddenly blurry. He wondered if it's a glitch before he felt the wetness on his cheek.

He misses him. So much.

"Ugh.."

Suddenly the single tear became two, three, and four... And it won't stop.

He hugged his knees to his chest and buried his head between them. Curling into himself and letting out soft muffled sobs.

"Ugh... Hic.."

It just hurts. He knew Kao won't come. They already agreed about it. Kao already apologized and he already told him it was ok. He understands.

Yet he was still waiting for him. Even after the show. Even at dinner. Even at midnight. Even now.

The disappointment is tugging at his heart and he doesn't know why. Is it because he missed him? Is it because he hoped he would come to hug him tight when he's crying? He doesn't even know what he was hoping for. All he knows is that tonight his heart is broken.

**************

A message notification woke him up from his sleep at 8 am. He found himself sleeping on the sofa with his phone near his head. He rubbed his swollen eyes and opened his phone.

One message from 'My Meow 😾🖤'

Usually he is excited to open any message from Kao but this time the bitterness in his stomach is leaving his expression empty.

'I passed out like a log last night. I can't feel my leg muscles 😿 how was your fanmeeting?'

He scanned the message with his sleepy eyes and wondered if he should leave it on read. But he doesn't want to be petty. So he typed something and threw his phone to get a few more minutes of sleep.

'You really are an uncle now'
'It was good'

Of course he didn't get any reply. He knows Kao must be at the set filming in another province.