"M-mate? What do you mean?"

And he smiled even more, that day he told me what mates are and what they really are, Vampires, and that they also turned me into a half one because of the plane crash. It was a shock indeed and I was trying to process everything.

I lay on the bed on my side without the blanket covering me while they left me for about an hour now on my own thoughts. My eyes glance at the object that was on a stand. A dagger. Sitting upright and getting out of the bed, I trudge over the table cabinet and took the object on my hand then unsheathing it then slowly traced the shiny blade careful not to injure myself.

"Riley?" A voice asked and I gasped then hissed when I accidentally slice my palm, the person was on my side in a flash, taking the dagger off my hand and grabbing my bleeding hand.

"You shouldn't touch sharp things!" Theo spoke and I blink. He lift my hand towards his mouth and lick the blood off the wound making me blink when it started closing.

"The wound." I softly spoke

"It's your body healing on itself, I just licked the blood off before everyone smelt it." He spoke enthusiastically and a smile on his lips.

"Thank you?" I said or more like said it in a questioning manner and he giggles, standing on his tippy toes and kissing my cheek causing me to blush and placed my palm where he just kissed.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it, you are just too beautiful and cute and It's been so long for us to find our mate and bride and now that your here, we couldn't help but be affectionate with you." He spoke softly while fiddling with his fingers and I smiled softly at that, leaning down, I kissed his forehead making him look at me in surprise and adoration.

"It's quite understandable, Theo."

"O-okay! Uhm, Isaac told me to fetch you for dinner. They are waiting downstairs!" He cheerfully said and grab my hand before pulling me with him and when we finally reach the dining area, Isaac smiled at me who sat at the right side of the table, next to him was empty and Theo pulled me then sat me down beside him so that I was in between him and Cecil while across from us were Henry and Alex then we started to eat.

"I smell faint blood on you." Cecil spoke calmly while taking a bite of his steak and Isaac looks at me in concern and slight confusion.

"He accidentally wounded himself with the dagger."

"The dagger?" Isaac asked

"Yeah." Alex replied

"I-i...sorry...it's just that...I have a liking towards sharp things." I mumbled softly

"It's alright but next time please be careful." Isaac says and I nodded, Cecil placed a hand on my shoulder and lean closer towards my ear.

"Let me do your hair tomorrow." He whispers and I blushed softly, nodding.

He smiled warmly and I glanced down at the food in front of me. A chair screeched back and I glance at Henry who had a serious look on his face, looking at me in displeasure.

"Are you done eating already?" Isaac asked him and he nodded before heading out of the dining area.

"Sorry about his behavior, his always like that." Isaac says with a warm smile on my way

"Grumpy." Theo added with a chuckle making me smile a bit

As we finished dinner, I head upstairs back to my room only to be grab and pulled inside my room. Wincing a bit in pain when my back hits the stone wall. Glancing up, I blink to see Henry towering over me, his left arm on top of my head as he look down on me.

"You, we were living peacefully but then you showed up and ruined it. Just because you are our soul mate doesn't mean, I would bow down on your knees and accept you." He spoke in a cold tone and he grab my neck lightly as if he was going to choke me making me froze on the spot, his words piercing through my heart, "my brothers might be attracted to you, that is because of the bond."

At that said he let me go and he disappears in a flash. Tears forms on the corners of my eyes and I slid down on the ground, hugging my knees.

'He hates me.' I thought and sobbed

"Riley?" I heard Isaac's voice spoke and the door opens, I grip the hem of the dress and quickly wiped my tears away, his eyes widened and I glanced down, "Hey what's wrong?"

He asked in concern and croached down in front of me. I shake my head and he sighed.

"I saw Henry head out of your room, did he say something to upset you?" He asked and I paused for a moment before nodding slowly, he sighed.

"Don't worry his like that ever since we were little."

"Ever since you were litte?" I asked and he nodded with a small smile, caressing my cheek and he opened his arms for me and I wrap my arms around his neck, my legs around his waist, my face burried on his neck as he laid on the large bed with me on top of him. He placed a kiss on my head and I closed my eyes, sniffling. He told me everything about Henry and why he was like that as well as his fear of losing someone again and the fact that they're mother was a human while their father was a vampire. Their mother died because of an accident and that left him mourning for years.

"That's why don't take it to heart okay?" Isaac says and I nodded. He carresed my hair and then I blink as I felt my teeth prick my lips, I sat up on Isaac's stomach and he glanced up at me in confusion but then he smiled softly.

"Your fangs grew." He spoke and gently grab my face, pulling my lips open with his thumb while I hold his wrist, blinking. He sat up and I look at him, "Your eyes, their beautiful."

I tilt my head on the side in confusion and he chuckles, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"You must drink blood, sweetheart. That way your fangs will retract back." He opened a few three buttons revealing his pale neck and collar, my mouth waters, a hot sensation in my chest grew, my throat was dry and the instinct to bite down on that flawless white skin is consuming and fogging up my brain. Without self control I did just that, leaning down and sinking my fangs on the skin, moaning softly at the sweet taste that greet my taste buds, my  hand grab his shirt collar while the other was gripping the mattress tightly.

"It's alright, slowly, Riley." He softly spoke and his hand caressed my back and the other caressed my thigh. When I'm finally quinch, I licked the blood off the open wound and the tiny trail of blood down to his chest.

"I'm sorry." I softly spoke and he chuckles, gently placing a hand on my face and caressing my cheek lovingly.

"It's alright, you're a new born. It is understandable." He spoke, wiping the blood off the side of my mouth and he leans back down on the pillow, he was staring at me then towards my lips, "Can I kiss you, sweetheart?"

"I-i... W-why would you ask such a thing?" I mumble with a blush on my cheeks and he chuckle, without waiting with my response, he captures my lips in a soft and slow kiss making my cheeks heat up. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck then my right hand, running through his hair. His arms tightened around me, I felt his other hand grabbing the hem of my night dress, sliding it up until he stops, revealing my thigh. I lean back while he trailed kisses on my neck and jaw, I whimpered, feeling his fangs scraping the skin of my throat. He leans back up, grabbing the back of my neck pulling me into another kiss but this time, it was passionate and full of need. He laid me down on the bed as he hovers above me as it continues, I pushed him back a bit and he smiled at my flushed face, kissing my forehead and left eye before laying his head on my chest, holding me.

"Can we stay like this until you fall asleep?" He spoke softly and I smiled at that.

"Okay." I replied, he sighed in relief and content.

Not long enough my eyes slowly fluttered close as sleep hit me like a truck and I was out like a light. The last thing I remember was him telling me a good night.