Chapter 2: Small town Drama

CHAPTER 2

And Just like I said, the new kids were the talk of my high school.  Not only that they were new, but all of them were beautiful and I heard the immature comments about the girls and the guys as I stood in my circle of 'friends'

During the summer I only hung out with my one best friend since in we were in diapers,  James Vincent Scott the second who everyone just calls Jamie.  He was the one with a bunch of friends as I just tagged along. Jamie was pretty popular in our school as he played every sport you could imagine. Others didn't like me being around as I was shy and didn't say much. I mean we knew everyone sense we were five, and others picked up on my boring personality long ago. But Jamie never stopped being my friend and made it clear anywhere he goes, I go.

Sure I mean, I wasn't totally anti-social. I was high up on the popular food chain because up Jamie. But I had my semi other close friends too. I am just not a big person on having as many friends that I would never even hang out with.

I stood next to Jamie as I heard the others talk about the new kids, and all I could think about was that stunning guy with the amber eyes.  I blushed at the thought as I felt an arm go around my shoulder.

"So, excited to be back to this glorious high school Add?" Jamie asked as his green eyes flickered with amusement. I only rolled my eyes at him as he grinned and elbowed me in the ribs.

"Ah come on Addie. It's not that bad. Besides, least something exciting is actually happening in PineWod with these new kids and all." He said and winked at me as I felt a smile grow on my face and shoved him away.

"Oh yeah, that makes going to this hell hole so much better." I say, but with a smile on my face.  Jamie laughed and then the bell rang for the first class and everyone in the halls scurried away.  I groaned as Jamie had to yank my arm for the first class of my senior year. Chemistry.

I hated sciences with all my being and literally had to be dragged to any science classes. I was personally a math, art, and history person (weird mix I know)

Jamie grabbed my wrist as he guided me down the pale white hallway full of blue and green lockers. I tugged my arm back as we entered through the door to a classroom that looked like a lab with stools for chairs, black table tops for experiments. I grimed at the thought. Jamie smirked as I sat next to him on the uncomfortable black stools.  The classroom was already filled and I started to take out my paper, waiting for class to begin when I heard the door open.

Then I heard whispers consume the small chemistry room and I slowly raised my eyes up at the late comer to realize that is was the amber-eyed guy that stole my parking place. I froze as his eyes locked with mine, not paying any attention to all the girls gazing and staring at him. His eyes flickered as a light smirk played on his lips, but he still kept his gaze locked on mine for some reason.

Then the female from the car with the high cheekbones came up behind him, stared at me and then back and him and smiled. But then she pointed her head to the back of the room where two seats where open. He then tore his gaze and he followed his look alike female to the back of the room without giving me a second glance.  I looked at him with confusion as I shook my head at the weird scene and hoped nobody noticed.

Yeah. Right.

Jamie gave me a side glance as one of my 'friends,' Sophia Collins raised her eyes brows in my direction as she gave me a questioning look and others started to look at me.

"Addie, didn't you almost hit the new kid with your car this morning? One of my friends saw you in the parking lot earlier." Stated Sophia as I raised my brows at her and rolled my eyes. Wow. Words really does get around fast.

I shrugged and glared at Sophia as everyone was listening to our conversation as I knew the new kids were as well.

"Actually, they took my spot and I almost skidded into them. It you want to be more specific, they almost hit me." I said with satisfaction and hoped the new kids would hear it. But while I said it, I knew my face sparked red from embarrassment.

I hated being called out and talking in front of huge groups.

Sophia pursed her lips and nodded and looked in the direction of the new kids that sat not to far away from us. I dared to look as the black haired girl was watching me with a brow raised and the guy had a smirk plastered on his face.

The girls were fawning.

"Is that true? Did you almost hit Addie?" Sophia asked as I wanted to get up and strangle her. Jamie sensed my anger as he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up Sophia, no one cares." He said bluntly as Sophia rolled her baby blue eyes and shrugged.

"I just want to know."  She stated and then smiled at the new kids.

"I am only curious. Oh, and I am Sophia Collins by the way." She said and gave a winning smile towards the new guy who was looking bored. The girl answered instead.

"Addie?" She asked as her eyes looked towards me and my cheeks flamed red. Sophia bobbled her head and smiled at the new gorgeous girl.

"Yes. That is Addison Calloway. What is your name?" She asked as I knew that she would be pestering this girl to join her in one of her 'friends'  Sophia wasn't intentionally mean, but she was miss popular and could screw you over if she wanted.

The girl smiled back. "Lilliana Sandalio. And to answer your question, yes we almost did. My dear brother right here is an uncontrollable driver. I am afraid we almost hit Addison by stealing her parking place this morning." Lilliana said as she had a slight accent of some sort. I was instantly charmed by her honesty and angel like voice but my cheeks still flamed red as her brother watched me.

Sophia was grinning now as she grinned at Lilliana.

"That is such a pretty name! And well, sometimes Addie doesn't really pay attention to anything.  She probably didn't even see you coming." She said as she smiled at Lilliana and then gazed at her brother. Lilliana raised one perfect eyebrow as I angrily looked at Sophia. Jamie answered for me.

"Shut up, Sophia! God, everyone here is watching you make a fool of yourself by hopelessly flirting. That's pain enough, but don't start talking about Addie." He snapped as I looked lovingly at him. He was always my hero.

Sophia's cheeks flamed red with anger as Lilliana giggled but put a hand over her mouth.

"You better hush up James Scott or I'll tell your daddy that you have been skipping football practice to go and make out with that skank, Skylar." Sophia said as she blurted in out into the entire class and Jamie's fists balled and I could tell he'd cuss her out if he wasn't in school.  Jamie was raised better than that.

And it was a good thing to because our teacher Mr. Donald came through the door and everyone who was gawking snapped their mouths shut as I shot daggers in Sophia's direction.

"Well good to see all of you are so lively on the first day." Our teacher muttered as he faced the white board.

This day was already off to  bad start as I could feel stares on me and Jamie and most of all I noticed the stare of Lilliana and her brother.

I peeked back at him as he was intensely watching me but when I met his eyes, he snapped his head away.

As much as I found it annoying that he was staring at me, I couldn't fight this exciting feeling that he was staring at me....