ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Start from the beginning

I could hear the crunching of dry leaves under my foot, the rustling of leaves on the branches as they followed the winds in the direction they were traveling, I could hear the howling of wolves that felt like they were nearing me.

They are nearing me! FucK. I am tired and in no shape to run. DOUBLE FUCK!!

Take some deep breaths Hella. In, Out, In, Out. Ok, now what? Oh yeah! run. Securing my backpack straps on my shoulders I sprinted. I am a fast runner and I am proud of it despite being a lazy ass, But I have a practice of fast walking to complete my daily chores in that hell hole. I could hear them zeroing on me. Zigzagging through the trees, diving under the fallen trunks of the long wooden beings, Jumping on the branches; I could now hear their distant howls for their prey, BUT I finally managed to lose them. My arms and especially my legs are so bruised, shit!

I have scratches around my neck, a nasty long gash on my upper arms, and a few scattered scratches throughout my legs. I got some bruises on my back, I think? It must have happened when I banged into a tree while running. No worries, I got some ointments for it. Yup, that's me!! Turning around to find where I am, OH I get the second surprise of my life, I am standing at a place which whoever see would call Heaven.

A river flowing filled with the clear water that would reflect your soul if you looked at it. Right now it was reflecting the soul of the dusky, starry sky that lies above it. Its babbling sounds so refreshing and energizing. I could see the fishes swimming and enjoying their time while they could, well until I caught a few of them. Hehe.

Making sure that I have lost wolves behind me, I start rounding the perimeter of the area I would be spending my night at. The field was clean with beautiful bushes scattered around and the comforting buzz of the insects around. I don't even want to think about the fabulous smell surrounding me. Oh, God! Are you there?

Collecting some dry branches and cut up pieces of the trunks, I begin to start the fire. Now, this is some another level shit. Working half my life in the kitchen, I don't even know how to start a fire!? Fucking hell. Oh, I heard somewhere that by rubbing some rocks you can start a fire. Let's try the technique. Finding two medium-size rocks that were butting each other, We are supposed to take medium size right? Whatever! I started rubbing them hesitantly at first but did not see any sparks, I started rubbing them faster, and then ladies and gentlemen did the magic happen. SPARKS! Ohh Yeah!!!!

Within the next few minutes, I had a fire started and now it was time to catch some fishes. Oh God, I just love the babbling sound of the water. It will make an incredible lullaby for me that will let me have one of the awesome sleep I ever had, I am sure of it. Now another level of the shitty problem comes how to catch fish without anything. Humph!

Idea!! Quickly I searched for the medium to large-sized leaves. I managed to find four of them and then tied them together in a bowl-like thing; sitting on my knees at the side of the river I dipped my bowl in the water with its face on the opposite side where fishes were going. The speed of the water was good and the fishes were also feeling like moving around so I managed to catch three of them. Just my dinner.

Sitting beside the fire I started roasting fishes on the stick after poking their eyes out. The buzzing sound of the insects, the babbling sound of the river, the cold yet warm and comfortable winds are starting to make me drowsy while I look at the starry sky above me. Quickly eating my dinner while yawning and making sure not to fall asleep while eating and then choking myself to death I completed my dinner and started to make a makeshift bed for the night. My 'so-called bed' was a heap of leaves and surrounded by four wooden logs to make it comfortable and of course, it included my backpack as a pillow.

Putting out fire, Doing the final checking of the surroundings I slept like a baby and woke up with the first ray of sunshine.

That night I dreamt of a girl, I could see everything but not the face of the girl or anybody for the matter. The scene seemed to be a banquet, With crystal chandeliers that were emitting a comforting golden glow. Maids were running here and there, People were laughing and dancing and eating looking like they were having the time of their life.