1 - The Sky is Fake

Subject 005
WHITESPACE

Welcome back, Y/N

-

When you where young you where involved in a project called 'Whitespace' in which young children gifted with a vision would be raised and trained to rival the Dendro Archon with the goal of bringing back the long gone King Desheret. You where trapped their for years, eventually losing your sense of self after being exposed to the 'truth' . After years of torture, your mind couldn't handle the events that lead to your enlightenment.

The sky is fake, your mind screamed. You where trapped in a dream for what felt like years to you.

After the Academiya found you, they studied and experimented on you, blissfully unaware of the consciousness that laid dormant in your tiny body. Only when Lesser lord Kusanali stepped in was when you where able to wake up.

As soon as you awakened, the Academia questioned your every thought and compensated you with their 'support' which was really just them deciding what would happen in your life. They decided the home you'd live in for the rest of your life, your future profession, your studies

...and your spouse

Unfortunately for them, you where smart.
You couldn't care less about your living space or job, but drew the line at your partner.
If you really wished it, you could have tainted their minds with forbidden knowledge, but settled for tainting their capsules if they ever forced you into something.

But then you met Dottore.

• • •
[6 YEARS AGO]

"You called me, Grand Sage?" you asked apathetically. The Sage motioned for you to sit as he continued talking to the man next to him.

The mysterious man had caught your eye. He had light blue hair and wore a lab coat with a teal cape tailing behind him. He sat with an air of elegance, paired with apathy and arrogance. A smile was plastered on his face, one that wasn't genuine.

"As you had asked for, this is the girl who survived the 'whitespace' incident" the Grand Sage smiled. "Hello, I am y/n" you greeted. The man hummed in response as he observed you.

"Y/n, this is-"

"Il Dottore, or the doctor, if you prefer" the man said, interrupting the Grand Sage. "Yes" the Sage cleared his throat "he is the [                ]... and the man who is to be your husband"

"I see you haven't learned your lesson" you stated calmly "have you forgotten what would happen if you did this again? Forcing me to marry?"

"How sweet" Dottore chuckled "if it is about the capsule problem I have already fixed that"

You glared back at him. Now you had no way out of this marriage. He only laughed in response, intrigued by your boldness. "Don't give me that look" he grinned "I assure you, life with me won't be as bad as you think"

That is how you met Dottore

• • •
[4 YEARS AGO]

"...Zandik?" you stilled, putting down the chess piece in your hand.

"Yes, quite the fitting name isn't it?" He smiled back at you, holding his chin in he hand "It's a term that means 'heretic' in an ancient language"