two

Lenore was annoyed with Edgar, which wasn't unusual. Occasionally Edgar would insist on reading his most recent poem to her that he was proud of and actually considering doing something with, though in the end it always would end up in one of his boxes piled with poems. Lenore didn't hate poetry but she did hate Edgars gloomy and dark poetry, especially when the poem was about Annabel Lee and Edgar tried to use dark and spooky metaphors to show his love for her, which he still denied having even after he compared her to 'one of the prettiest pieces of the night', Lenore had been unable to figure out what that meant and Edgar had gone on to insist that it was one of his less good lines.

That day's poem had tried to compare Annabel to a raven which Lenore had insisted was a terrible idea and had resulted in them arguing over whether or not a raven was among the most beautiful of creatures. Finally Edgar had gone on to continue reading the poem, shooting angry comments at Lenore for not listening, at which point she decided to sink down through the floor, thankful that Edgars study was directly above the storage room of the coffee shop which took up the space below the upper apartment.

Annabel was fine with Lenore visiting the coffee shop, it wasn't like she could do much to prevent the ghost from showing up, but she had been very instant that Lenore only enter through the roof of the storage room or the front entrance because it was one thing for Lenore to sneak up of customers, whispering in their ears or moving empty chairs around but it was when a ghost began to come down through the ceiling into peoples coffees or even bodies when troubles really began to arise. Because Annabel would always take time to talk with Lenore in the coffee shop and was still allowing Lenore to scare the customers she agreed to Annabel's terms and made a point to always enter through the staff only storage room.

A startled yelp followed by a patterned crash greeted Lenore as she entered into the storage room, her mind still distracted by coming up with rude remarks and comments about Edgar and his poetry.

"Oh sorry," Lenore exclaimed as she noticed a man, dressed too formally to be working in a small coffee shop that didnt even serve that good of coffee. Annabel didn't drink coffee which Lenore figured was the reason the coffee was terrible. Lenore's eyes narrowed as she looked at the man thoughtfully. "No I don't recognize you from around here," she finally decided, giving a vague gesture around the storage room which was filled with shelves and boxes.

"I'm new," the man explained.

"That makes sense," Lenore nodded in satisfaction, "I like to say that I know everyone here."

"You must be the ghost that Ms. Lee mentioned," the man said slowly as Lenore floated through one of the boxes that had been inconveniently placed in the middle of the storage room. She was certain that someone who wasn't dead and couldn't float through everyone would trip over it. "I somehow didn't expect for you to be an actually ghost."

"That's me," Lenore smiled happily with a small strucken pose. "What were you expecting? A sink that makes weird noises occasionally? That's what Annabel's boyfriend thought the first time he came in, of course I made it look like that. I had the sink spray in his face a total of nine times, it was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Anyways is Anna Banana around? My roommate is being totes annoying and I need to tell her all about it since, don't tell her I told you this, she is totally in love with him which is like disgusting if you know anything about Edgar."

"Oh no it's just me and- I believe her name was Emma, in today. Ms Lee is out with her boyfriend I believe," the man explained as he stuttered over his words.

"Eddie," Lenore nodded, "I hate him, avoid meeting him if possible. Anyways, whether Annabel is here or not, my roommate is still being the absolute worst so I'm going to hang out with you and Etta for a bit. But probably more of you because whatever her name is sups boring to talk with."