[4] Acquaintances

Start from the beginning

I checked my phone again, still, there were no new messages of Toga. I walked into another alley, coincidentally encountering her while she slipped out of her disguise and on call with Dabi. I took my coat out and threw it on her head, covering most of her body. "Be more careful..." I took off my wig and put the cloth back on the same half of my face, following her back to base.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Apparently, the League was going to interview someone. I sat next to Toga in the old warehouse where everyone else was, talking with her.

"Hey, Toga, how was it like? Before you became a villain..." I asked, turning to her. Toga's eyes widened, causing me to say a few more words, "Wait, sorry... I shouldn't have asked you such a personal question." 

"No, no! It's fine Y/N!" she gave a wide smile, blush covering her cheeks, "Where should I start..."

The doors were pushed open, light shining through the hole. It was Twice and the other guy.

"You've brought somebody important here, Twice," Shigaraki commented.

"You called me important. You're so good at mocking people. League of Villains." Overhaul shot back.

"What? Is he famous?" Magne asked Shigaraki.

He responded, "My teacher used to show me his pictures. In a nutshell, he's in a gang. Shie Hassaikai Yakuza Gang. He's the underboss there."

"Yakuza?" I muttered, "Didn't gangs like..." I decided not to finish it, not knowing how to word it either.

"This man is the underboss of the Shie Hassaikai Yakuza Gang..." Magne muttered before saying loudly, "So he is the number two in a gang? Gosh, this is the first time I've met someone with a dangerous vibe."

"He's from the underworld?" Toga questioned, "How's the underworld different from us?"

"Good question, let me enlighten you," Mr. Compress offered, "Back then, there were many gangs in the underworld, very terrifying gangs. But since the heroes were born, these gangs were reported and disintegrated. When All Might came, the era of the underworld was over. Those who were not caught and survived became a part of designated villain gangs which is the reserve force of the villains. They are surveilled by the police and live in fear. In other words, they are natural souvenirs of an era that can't keep up with the world."

"Natural souvenir?" Overhaul parroted, "That's not wrong."

"What is Mr. Underworld, who lives in fear, doing here? Are you also somebody who is also rejoicing over All Might's retirement?" Mr. Compress asked.

"No, compared to All Might, the disappearance of All For One affects me more. This guy is the lord of the underworld. Although to my generation, he's an urban legend, the older generation believes he exists and is scared of him, despite it being rumoured that he has been long dead," Overhaul told us,  But this time, he's showing his true self. All Might retires. And All For One was doomed in prison. In other words, the authority and the underworld are both without leaders. Who would be the next ruler?" he turned his head up to Shigaraki.

"How dare you say this to us when you know who our teacher is!" Shigaraki was obviously angered by his words, not good. "Shigaraki...!" I grabbed his hand and stopped him. Kurogiri was not here to calm him down, someone should take his place. Things could go terribly wrong if Shigaraki was left to his own devices. If All For One showed Shigaraki pictures of this guy, then surely, he must be powerful.