PROLOGUE

The young woman swirled the drink in her hand, the liquid moving around the clear glass as she looked around the room

The young woman swirled the drink in her hand, the liquid moving around the clear glass as she looked around the room. The music boomed through the speakers as the dimmed lights were barely enough for her to make out the faces of the people around her unless they stood directly by her.

She wasn't looking to meet anyone that night, though a few men had come up to her to buy her a drink. She refused each time, turning them away politely with a smile on her face. So not being able to see the people around her didn't bother her much.

That is until a handsome tall blue eyed man sat next to her, ordering himself a beer. She saw him from the corner of her eye and he instantly intrigued her. The man felt her glancing at him, so he returned the glance and offered the woman a smile. He thought she was beautiful.

"Hey," He greeted, offering her his million dollars smile. She had trouble believing a man like him was even giving her attention.

"Hi," She smiled back, downing the rest of her whiskey- which wasn't much. The man raised his eyebrows, impressed by her drink of choice.

His lips wrapped around the beer bottle, taking a sip. He felt the cold liquid go down his throat as he swallowed, his eyes going back to the brunette next to him.

"I'm Jay," He introduced himself, waiting for her to do the same.

"Riley." The young woman answered, "I suppose you're not much of a dancer."

"Mh," Jay hummed as he swallowed another sip of beer. "What makes you say that?"

"Well, for one, you're still wearing your coat. And you're sitting at the bar while there's a group of very young women behind you who won't stop staring." She spoke, a smirk on her face - proud of her observation.

"I guess you're right, not much of a dancer. I'd rather drink and talk to a stranger, that's more like my thing." He answered, half joking half serious.

"So you like living dangerously, you don't even know what I'm into - I could be a wanted criminal." Riley joked, the smirk still on her beautiful plump lips. Jay doubted that was the case, because if she were he would definitely know about it.

"Oh yeah, my face screams danger doesn't it?" He chuckled, earning himself a laugh from Riley as well.

"Totally." She nodded.

They joked around and spoke some more, getting to know each other on a very impersonal note. Both didn't really want to talk about anything work or personal life related so they stayed clear of those subjects. They both appreciated the other's presence and undoubtedly felt an attraction for the other.

Riley ended up drinking a few more glasses of whiskey while they spoke and Jay drank a few beers as well. Unconsciously, at some point during the evening, Jay had scooted closer to the girl, his knees were on either side of her right one as they spoke facing each other.

Jay leaned forward, their faces inches from each other as their thighs touched. "Hey, I, uh, I've got a killer Scrabble game back at my place - if you want to." He smirked, going along with their jokingly/flirty banter they had going on all night to put his offer on the table.

"Oh, yeah? You a gambler?"

"For Scrabble? Oh yeah, definitely." He chuckled, nodding.

"Then let's go." She smiled, following him out of the bar to his apartment. It was surprisingly not too far from the bar so they only had to walk a few minutes before they got there. As they walked, the tension between the two grew even more.

Riley let him lead her to his apartment, completely trusting him against her better judgment. Right when she shut the door behind herself, Jay pushed her up against it and looked at her - the corner of his lips curved up.

"You knew I wasn't really talking about Scrabble though, right?" Jay asked, making sure they were on the same page.

"Oh, man." She exclaimed, putting her hands on his shoulders to hold herself up. "I was really looking forward to it." Riley smiled, a soft chuckle leaving her lips when Jay shook his head lightly chuckling.

He leaned down, hovering his lips over hers as he slipped his hands to the little of her back. Jay pulled her closer by her hips, finally pressing his lips against hers when she leaned up slightly to meet him halfway.

Their lips moved together for a few minutes, building up the tension as they got used to the feeling. Jay still had the girl pressed against his front door and eventually guided her towards his room, laying her down in his bed. His lips never left hers, his whole body following hers.

"You still good?" Jay asked, kissing down her throat to her collarbones. She told him she was, running her fingers through his short hair while a sigh of pleasure slipped past her soft pink lips.

Jay wasn't usually into one night stands, but somehow that night it felt right to him. The minute he started talking to her they clicked and their discussion was light and nice - he didn't feel the need to keep his guard up. She was a very beautiful woman and she was fun - he figured why not.

And she thought the same. Hell, any woman in their right mind would give up anything to spend a night with a man as good looking as Jay - and turned out he was just as good on the inside. So truly that was a win-win for her.

Jay straightened up, giving himself enough space to take off his shirt as well as hers. He then went back to kissing her neck while he held himself up on his forearm, using his other hand to unbuckle his belt. Riley, while enjoying the feeling of his lips on her skin, used her hands to undo her own jeans' button. They took off their jeans, throwing them across the room - not caring about where they landed.

Her cold hands ran over his arms then across his chest to his stomach, her lips all over his neck and his jaw. His light stubble tickled her lips but she didn't let it take her attention away from what she was doing. Jay's hands roamed all over her body, feeling her curves under his rough hands.

As mentioned earlier, Jay wasn't one for one nights and neither was Riley. But neither regretted their choice that night.

At least not immediately.

__________________________
hi! hope you liked it. it's just a little taste, the normal chapters are going to be much longer. i just needed to set the table.

i'm kinda excited for this! i just started watching chicago pd again for the fifth time (at least!) and so i decided to go back to my idea book and dig out this one. it should be good!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLS!