Dagger

This is my  favorite part... preparing for the kill. Watching them and waiting for night to fall; when I'm silent and unseen and my black dress cloaking me in darkness. Excitement and blood lust made me anxious and giddy; I've been waiting to make this kill for so long.

When I was still alive a girl tortured me... she was the reason I became this. I should almost be thanking her... my mark and killing technique were modeled after how I killed myself after all. I plan on taking extra time with this kill.

I followed the girl around for weeks making noises in her head that no one else heard, moving things from where she left them, and putting the screams of my victims in her head; I  wanted to drive her insane... and I had accomplished it.

The girl became paranoid, every squeak of a floor board, every dog bark, every tick of a clock... it all terrified her. She tried to tell her friends about the noises but they didn't believe her and so they left her... just as they had left me.

Now she new how I felt; now it was time for the kill.

That night I crept into the girls second story window and quietly entered. No one else was in the house. I crept slowly over to her bed making sure the floor creaked, and the windows rattled to wake her up. The girl looked around but she couldn't see me, the night hid me in its shadows.

"Who's there?" the girl hesitantly called into the night

When I stepped into the light my  porcelain skin shone in the moon light and the girls eyes lit up with fear.

She knew my reputation. Whether she recognized my black eyes and pale skin or my iconic black dress and bow she knew who I was; and she knew what I was here to do.

I stepped towards her and she pressed herself against her bedframe, she was terrified of me.

"Hello Madiline" Shock rippled across her face when she heard her name come from my  lips. With one swift step I was above her now and I slowly began my revenge, paying her back for all of the years she tortured me. I snatched her wrist and pulled out my silver dagger and pressed it against her wrist making a small puncture wound where her wrist and forearm met.  

"What's my name Madiline?" I questioned coyly as I dragged my dagger down her forearm to her elbow.

"Dagger" The girl chocked out between sobs of pain

"No what's my REAL name?" I hissed in her ear while I slashed her other wrist

"I-I don't know" came the strangled reply.

"My name is Abigale Gerdaden; remember me now?" I was seething with rage from memories of her calling me a fat emo slut. I was in charge now though and she was going to die.

"N-no it can't be... y-you died. You killed yourself; you're d-dead" she stuttered

"Think again... I haven't even put you through half of the torture you put me through. Nighty Night Madiline" I said venomously as I plunged my silver dagger deep into her throat.

Watching the light fade from Madiline's eyes, knowing that the last thing she ever heard was nighty night filled me with joy especially when she recognized my name. I knew I had to leave soon so I dipped my hand in the growing pool of warm blood seeping from the sluts body and walked to the blood splattered wall and put my signature mark; Nighty night - Dagger. I grabbed my dagger out of the girl as I ran by and jumped out the window landing gently on my feet and ran off into the night hearing the sirens rapidly approaching.

I knew they couldn't find me; I had spent years training to run fast, make deadly cuts, and how to break in quietly. I made sure her victims knew her name so she could see the recognition flash in their eyes or see their terror spike right before I drove my dagger into their throat and slashed the inside of their arms to look like stiches. I loved killing; it made me happy.

I made 47 more kills that night but that one remained my favorite... it had also been the bloodiest. I reveled in my happiness while I was killing and the happiness didn't leave after I had stopped for the night.