The Flea and The Acrobat

Start from the beginning

"An alternate dimension." Mike says.

"But... how... how do we get there?" Lucas asks.

"You cast shadow walk." Dustin says.

"In real life dingus." I say sarcastically.

"We can't shadow walk, but... maybe she can." Dustin says and nods to Eleven.

All of us turn our heads and look at her.

"Do you know how we get there? To the Upside Down?" Mike asks.

El shakes her head no.

"Oh, my God." Lucas says with a sigh.

Don't worry Will, we'll figure it out.

**

The next day.

I'm standing behind Dustin at the funeral, next to Nancy. I overhear Dustin talk to Mike and Lucas.

"Just wait 'til we tell Will that Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral." He says a little too loud. 

Mrs.Wheeler cuts in between Nancy and I and shushes Dustin.

Soon, the funeral is over and we all walk by the casket, throwing roses on top. We give our fake condolences to the Byers'. 

Nancy and I are walking back to her parents' car and she spots Jonathan standing next to a tombstone.

"Will you come talk to Jonathan with me?"

"Yeah, sure." I say and I turn to Dustin. "I'm going with Nancy." I tell him.

Nancy pulls me along with her to Jonathan. He pulls out a map and the three of us sit down. 

"This is where we know for sure it's been, right?" Jonathan asks while pointing to red x's on the map.

Nancy points at the map and says, "So, that's..."

"Steve's house. And that's the woods where the found Will's bike and... that's my house."

"It's all so close." I say

"Yeah. Exactly." Jonathan says "I mean, it's all within a mile or something. Whatever this thing is, it's... it's not traveling far."

"You want to go out there." Nancy states.

"We might not find anything."

"But what if we do? How do we kill it?" I ask

"Come with me." Jonathan says and the three of us stand up. Nancy and I follow him to his dad's car.

Jonathan opens the passenger door and uses his knife to open the glovebox.

"What are you doing?" Nancy asks him.

"Just give me a second." He says.

I turn and look around to see if anyone is coming. 

No one is coming. Oh, maybe that guy? Nope, false alarm. 

When I turn back around Jonathan pulls out a gun.