"I wouldn't dream of it." I say seriously.

"Good. What are you drawing?" He asks and looks at my paper. "Oh, wow! Uh... I like it." He says smiling. Than his face contours into confusion. "Why a black widow?" Eddie asks.

"Well... I'm not sure, it just came to me." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"Mhmm yeah, you really are a weirdo." He says jokingly.

"Says the freak who plans on getting tattoos of bats. Why bats?"

"Uh, hello? Ozzy, of course!" He defends himself.

I raise my hands up in surrender and the bell rings for second period.

**

I enter the cafeteria with Nancy and she leads us over to Steve's table. He's sitting there with Carol and Tommy. Carol's foot is propped up on the table. We both sit down, Nancy sits next to Steve and I sit on the very end.

"Oh, thanks, man. It's a heated pool." Tommy says with a mouth full of food.

"Well, it's it's not frostbite, then what is it?" Carol asks.

"Ugh, I don't care what it is, it's disgusting! Get it off the table. We're eating here." Steve says.

I pick at my food and look around the cafeteria. I see Eddie sitting with his friends a couple tables away from me. He's already looking at me and raises his eyebrows as in a "I told you so." way. I just roll my eyes and look down at my tray of food.

That is until Nancy said something that caught my attention.

"Hey, Tommy. When you left, did you see Barb?"

"What?" He asks.

"Barbra. She's not here today."

"She didn't show up?" I ask Nancy and she just shook her head no.

"I seriously have no idea who you're talking about." Tommy says and laughs.

"Come on, don't be an ass, man. Did you see her leave last night or not?" Steve cuts in.

"No, she was gone when we left. So was little Danielle over there. In case you were wondering."

"They probably couldn't stand listening to all that moaning." Carol says. "Oh, Steve!" She moans.

My eyes go wide and blush. I look at Nancy and mistakenly look at Steve also, making my eyes go wider if possible.

"Oh, Steve!"

We're still staring at each other and my face is surely beet red.

"Oh, Steve!"

Steve's face starts to redden.

"Oh, Steve!"

I couldn't take it anymore. I'm not sure what came over me, but I scooted my chair back, stood up, quickly leaving the cafeteria.

Steve's eyes following my every move.

"Oh, look! The weirdo's embarrassed!" Carol whines.

"Don't worry sweetheart! I'd be embarrassed too!" Tommy yells after me.

I'm embarrassed because they think I stayed around that long! 

A trashcan falls over behind me, as I walk away. I enter the hallway and nearly run into Jonathan.

"He Dani, you alright?" He asks quietly.

I ignore him and go straight into the girl's bathroom.

**