The Vanishing of Will Byers

Start from the beginning

"You guys make such a cute couple." Carol says mockingly as she walks along side us.

"Shut up, Carol." I mumble.

"What did you say weirdo?" She taunts.

"Nothing Carol, just leave her alone." Eddie speaks up for me.

"Shut up, freak! I think the weirdo can speak for herself." She turns her attention back to me. "What did you say?" She taunts me again.

This time I didn't say anything and look down at my shoes, watching my feet as I walk.

 Say something you idiot, people are watching.

"That's what I thought." Carol laughs and walks away.

I lift my head back up watch as she leaves. 

Do something.

"Hey, don't worry about it Dani." Eddie says as continues to escort us forward. "Let's just go to class."

Do something. 

My blood begins to boil as Carol continues down the hallway. My intrusive thoughts take control and for some reason, I nod my head upwards. Immediately, she falls down, landing flat on her face. 

What the hell? Did I do that?

"Holy shit!" Eddie shouts, scaring me, causing me to jump a little. "That's called karma Carol!" He laughs and other students laugh with him.

My eyes feel like they're about to pop out of their sockets. Tina rushes through the crowd of people and helps Carol to her feet.

"Oh Carol, your nose. It's bleeding." Tina says as, pointing to her own nose.

"Dammit! My nose!" Carol cries as blood gushes out of it.

"Carol, babe, what's going on?" Tommy H. says as he walks up to her. "Holy shit!" He says once he sees her nose.

"Okay time to go." Eddie says to me and gently pushes me along. As we round the corner to art, Eddie shouts, "It's about time you got a nose job!"

"What the hell did you just say freak?!" Tommy shouts.

"Run." Eddie says as he grabs my hand and we run to art.

"Holy shit, that was insane." I say out of breath as we slow down to a walk. 

"Insanely awesome." He says smiling at me.

"Are you going to be joining me in class today, Eddie?" 

"As much as it's killing me to be here in this hell hole. Yes, I will join you today." He smiles back at me and opens the door. "My lady." Eddie says, holding it open and escorts me inside.

"Thank you." I blush and walk inside.

**

Art was almost over when the principal, followed by Chief Hopper and Officer Callahan, comes into the classroom.

"Sorry to interrupt, but, may I borrow Danielle Henderson?" Mr. Wilson asks as he looks at me.

'What did you do?" Eddie whispers to me.

"I didn't do anything." I shrug as I stand up and grab my stuff off of our table.

 As I walk to the front of the class, everyone starts "oohing" at me. I walk out the door and Mr.Wilson explains that the Hopper and Officer Callahan are going to escort me over to the middle school and then they'll explain everything.

**

I walk into the principal's office at the middle school and I see Lucas, Dustin, and Mike, sitting on the couch. Officer Powell is watching them.