Fake Boyfriend? || 17

Start from the beginning

aera looks down, doing nothing after that other than sipping her milkshake while the other people roll their eyes. the elevator chimes again and aera comes to know that it's their queue to get going when taehyung's hand gives a subtle pat on her side. "please excuse us," he says to the old couple, walling out with aera and takes a deep breath, watching as the doors of slide back close and they're left alone. "what was that? is it fun—"

"hey no, just listen to my plan an—"

"yeah? you think so?" taehyung arches up a brow, "do not forget who's older and in charge here okay?"

aera groans inside, shutting her tight until she's less frustrated and takes a deep breath, smiling at the elder man, "i'm sorry, tae oppa. i'm just saying that i have a really good plan to prank everyone,"

"that's not what i'm talking about right now, am i?"

"no..." she sighs, "please don't scold me..."

taehyung sighs deeply, nodding his head and ruffles her hair, "alright, c'mon let's go. the boys must be waiting," he says with an assuring smile. aera on the hand stops him just as he starts walking towards jungkook's apartment.

"let's prank everyone, please?"

"fine," taehyung inhales, nodding his head for the girl to explain what her master plan was.

"yes! thank you!" aera jumps in excitement, pulling taehyung down to plant a kiss on his cheek, "now listen, my plan is to tell the other oppas that we're dating— means you and me. they'll believe us and then—"

"we're dating?" taehyung arches up a brow, soon breaking into a laugh, shaking his head, "you're so cute, princess," he pinches her cheek, "now we should go i—"

"i'm serious, oppa. let's do this! it's gonna be fun!"

"ri, i know you had a crush on me when you were a baby that doesn't mean we're doing this,"

"you're my favourite, tae oppa. believe it or not," she sighs, "y'know that guy back in the elevator said that i have a handsome boyfriend— he thought you were my boyfriend,"

"that's what you're friends with him for?" taehyung makes a weird face.

"nooo, god! he said your boyfriend is handsome and i was like, yeah i know thank you," she grins at him proudly, sipping her drink, "so now, my cute tae oppa, you're my boyfriend and let's prank everyone,"

taehyung massages his temples, dragging up his gaze from the floor to the younger girl's face, chewing on the inside of his cheek in deep thoughts, "you they'll believe you?"

"we'll make it look real,"

"i won't kiss you, you're a baby! i saw you like my little sister all my life and you literally grew up in front of my eyes, aera. i won't do anything inappropriate,"

"ew, you don't have to do that. we'll just hug a bit more than normal, hold hands and sit together, that's all," aera says, giving taehyung a look while he's already embarrassed and cursing under his breath. "okay, without making anything more weird, let's go and get them!"

"yeah," he mutters, wrapping his arm around aera and leans down to kiss the side of her head, right above her ear, "you're a sweet little baby. stop growing up so fast,"

"okay," she giggles, hugging him tightly as they head to the foor of jungkook's apartment. aera presses the doorbell, waiting with taehyung for her brother to open the door and let the prank begin. taehyung was about to withdraw his arm from aera, but stopped as they heard jungkook's voice and aera smiled widely, excited for things to start building up slowly.