4 | whats the matter with you

Look awayI try to bite my tongueI think you might be giving me the feeling I've been running fromA mistakeI know how this one endsCause once you say it there's no going back to being friendsWhen you caress my faceAnd kiss my waistIt's so underrate...

Look away
I try to bite my tongue
I think you might be giving me the feeling I've been running from
A mistake
I know how this one ends
Cause once you say it there's no going back to being friends
When you caress my face
And kiss my waist
It's so underrated
Pins and needles in my arms till you touch me now I can feel again
What's the matter with you
You're such a gentleman
I told you I don't have the time to fall in love again
What's the matter with you why'd you take my hand
I love the way you came around and ruined all my plans
What's the matter with you
Go away
You can read my thoughts
I can see it in your eyes
In the driveway when you drop me off
When you caress my face
And grab my waist
It's so complicated
When we saw the shooting star
And you kissed me we
Weren't being friends
What's the matter with you
You're such a gentleman
I told you I don't have the time to fall in love again
What's the matter with you why'd you take my hand
I love the way you came around and ruined all my plans
What's the matter with you, you
What's the matter with you, you're such a gentleman
I told you I don't have the time to fall in love again
What's the matter with you why'd you take my hand
I love the way you came around and ruined all my plans
What's the matter with you, you

third person
flashback

as soon as brooke had laid eyes on matt, she knew she was in trouble. the way his hair fell, the way his blue eyes looked into her brown ones. she knew she should run away, for she knew it could only lead to trouble.

of course, being such good friends with nick made that nearly impossible. after a month of truly knowing matt, it was obvious something was bound to happen. perhaps matt didn't notice it at first, the way brooke would constantly try to look away whenever he was near, but nick and chris weren't oblivious to her actions.

by the second month, the two had grown much closer. brooke hid any feelings she could potentially have for matt, allowing for their friendship to grow. they had shared their secrets, brooke telling him that she didn't have the time to fall in love again after her previous relationship, and matt would share his anxieties. for sixteen year olds, they told each other everything.

matt could read the girl like a book, and she always could see it in his eyes. whenever he felt something was off, or he found her deep in thought, he knew. one night, matt had driven the girl home, and she had been completely silent the whole way. one look at her, and he could tell something was different. once the car had parked, he asked her what was wrong, but all brooke could focus on was his hand caressing her face.

but one night, everything changed.

it was a friday night, and the four were at their friend nate's house for a party. neither brooke or matt were too big on parties, but nick and chris had dragged them along. the two stayed together the whole night.

"come on." matt said, handing brooke his hand, leading her outside. the chilly october air was refreshing after being inside with so many people, and the two found themselves sitting on the grass, stealing glances at each other.

"matt, look!" brooke said excitedly, pointing at a shooting star. the boy smiled, laughing at how excited she got. "what'd you wish for?"

"can't tell you, or it won't come true. come on, matt, basic rules." she joked.

they sat in silence for a few seconds, just looking at one another. before it happened, the girl knew there was no going back to how it was afterwards, and it terrified her. but all she knew, was that when she found her and matt leaning in, she didn't want it to stop.