Ⅳ.『 Mysterious Lady 』

Začít od začátku

"I don't care 'bout that!" Yelled little Luffy, shocking her. She had to think not once but twice about just who the boy was, and why he was talking to her even if she was wanted all around the world.

"What if I attacked you? You don't know what a wanted person could do." She said, convinced that the boy will eventually drop his thoughts and run off after learning her identity. There's no way one doesn't know about her, even if it's just a child. Luffy shook his head,and grinned at her,

"I know you won't hurt me. You look like a nice lady, so I want to be friends with you!" He said, once again, shocking the lady. She narrowed her eyes, and looked at Luffy.

"Even if I am Nico Robin? The Devil Child?" She asked firmly, waiting for the boy to realize her name. Her true identity. She didn't want anyone to find out she was actually on this island, but, someone would eventually find out. And her escape ship was going to sail in a few days, so she didn't meed to hide anymore. Now, Luffy, what'll your response be? Will you run? Try and attack me? Shout for help? Call the marines?.. But, no, the child did none of those. After thinking of the name, he remembered the new wanted posters they got the last week, saying The Devil Child was now in East Blue. He didn't remembered what the person in wanted poster looked like, but he did remember the name. He looked up at her, Robin, with confusion.

"Why would that change anything?" He asked, in complete innocence, leaving Robin with wide eyes. The kid, Luffy, he.. He didn't run off. He wasn't even afraid. Showed no emotion of disgust, no hate, no fear. Why? How?

"You.. Luffy, are you not afraid of me? I can attack you, kill you, destroy your village. I'm a bad person if I'm wanted, you know that, right?" Robin spoke hopelessly, trying to let the kid know of the dangers she could bring. Not like she would ever, but still, she couldn't believe that someone wasn't scared of her. Well, a civilian,and also a kid, to be specific. Luffy shrugged, and looked at her like she said something dumb. To him, she really said something dumb.

"But you're not a bad person! I know that you aren't, why would I be afraid? And..the marines could be wrong, right?" He asked, sounding confused about everything the older woman had said. Why was she acting like that? Did she maybe not like him? "Would you not want to be my friend?" He asked lastly, looking at her with puppy eyes. He really wanted a friend! And the mysterious lady- Robin, seemed like she would be an interesting friend!

"You really don't understand, do you?" Sighing, Robin gave up trying to tell the kid about her being wanted. She instead smiled fondly at him, and went closer to stroke his fluffy hair that literally screamed 'touch me!'. His hair didn't disappoint the fluffy look, because it felt just as fluffy as a cotton ball.

"Shishishi! I told ya Robin is nice!" Luffy laughed lovingly, and beamed up at her. Robin was left speechless, and looked at him confused, again. But, she felt something different from this kid. Not only he didn't run away from her, he also wanted to be her friend. She looked at him with a pained expression.

"Are you sure you really want to be my friend? People might go after you if they learn. I'm.. not very liked." She tried to explain without making the little Luffy confused of why, and really had a hard time hiding the pessimistic thoughts about getting himself killed if he kept on wanting to stay with Robin. She didn't want him to disgust back from their possible friendship. Robin didn't really mind that her first friend would be a mere child. She was actually happy. Just how long has it been since she was near a child this cute and little? Robin was sure she would enjoy his presence, if he wanted to stay.

"Yup! I wanna be Robin's friend! And I don't care about what others think. For me, Robin is nice. And.. you're not alone," Robin was smiling at his words, but looked puzzled with the last sentence. She raised her eyebrow, and asked if he meant by having a friend won't make you alone. But, that's not it, as Luffy shook his head.