ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Malia."

"Malia."

I groan, slowly opening my eyes and adjusting to the darkness of my room.

"Hey, Malia." I feel someone shake me and I see it's my dad.

I sit up and rub my eyes, "What's going on?"

"It's Mauricio. He's downstairs and well..." He trails off and seems afraid to tell me the rest.

"Well, what?" I raise an eyebrow at my dad and he sighs, "Just come downstairs."

I quickly got out of bed and followed my dad downstairs.

When we get to the living room, Mauricio is on the couch throwing up into a bag.

Oh my god, he's drunk.

"He called me earlier asking if I could pick him up. I found him outside the house he was at, wasted on his motorcycle. And when I tried to drop him off at home, he kept going on about not wanting his mom to see him drunk."

I sighed and watched as Mauricio groaned while tilting his head back.

"Are you seriously drunk?"

He chuckles lightly and nods his head sloppy, "Yup." I don't miss the slurs in his words either.

"Why the hell are you drinking?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Can we talk about this in the morning? I'm too drunk to function." He covers his eyes with his arm and I stare down at him with disbelief.

"I'm going to bed. Wake me up if anything," My dad said with an apologetic look before heading to his room.

"Thank you, Samuel!" Mauricio gives him a small wave before going back to covering his eyes.

"I can't believe you're drunk right now after your dad just went to rehab for alcoholism." I shake my head and Mauricio snorts, "Funny isn't it?"

"This isn't funny, Mauricio. You told me that you were laying off drinking for a while."

"I know okay, fuck, I know." He uncovers his eyes and looks at me. "I seriously do not feel like talking about this right now."

Anger rises in my chest and I walk up to him.

The stench of throwup and alcohol coming from him almost makes me gag.

"I don't care if you don't feel like talking, right now, Mauricio. You woke up my dad in the middle of the night to pick your drunk ass up. Then you stench up the living room with your damn throw-up. I deserve to know why the hell you went to a stupid party and got wasted."

He suddenly stands up and rubs his face, "Because I just found out my fucking grandpa was an abusive asshole and drove my dad to his addiction!"

"I'm fucking sorry if me getting wasted is such a bad thing. I just found out everything I knew about my grandpa was a lie. So, give me a fucking break and back off!"

My heart drops to the pit of my stomach and I'm taken back by his words.

"What?"