ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Four

Start from the beginning

I could physically feel all the hope and faith inside me leave. No longer going to wait on Papa to get better. He's missed so many milestones in my life because he couldn't stop for one second and not drink.

I'm done trying to fix him...help him.

I won't be the son who forgives him every time he decides he wants to get sober. Even though it won't last.

This was my last straw with him and a big part of me is relieved he isn't here. At least then we could have a good time without worrying about what might other people think of us.

"Come on, Mama. My girl is waiting for me." I smile at her and she nods her head.

We head over to Malia's house and are greeted by Vikki. She quickly urges us in and tells Lilybeth to go upstairs and tell Malia that we're here.

I swallow down a nervous lump in my throat when I go to stand in the middle of the living room. My palms are sweating and I could feel my fingers tapping against my thigh.

This isn't like homecoming. This time she's my girlfriend and it's not fake. She won't be going off to the side of the school to take pictures with Easton. No, she's going to be with me and only me.

Just like it always should have been.

Everyone is around us, watching me as we wait for Malia.

It feels like a 90s teen movie where the guy waits for the girl to come down the stairs. It's magical and unforgettable.

And that's exactly what it was...fucking shit she's beautiful.

Malia came walking down the stairs in a beautiful silk dress that I just know I'll be taking off her tonight.

Green to brown eyes.

Suddenly the sweaty palms and nervous finger-tapping don't matter anymore.

All I can think about is her.

I find myself walking towards her and standing mere inches from her.

"You look beautiful, Myers." I smiled down at her and moved my hand up to her hair where she has butterfly pins holding it together.

"And you look handsome." She placed a small kiss on my lips, her heels giving her the advantage of only needing to look up for a kiss.

Reuben hands the corsage to me and I take it out of the box.

"It's beautiful," Malia says as she holds her arm out, I take the corsage out of its container and place it around her wrist.

The clicks of the cameras are all we can hear.

Our families capture every moment of it.

I can practically feel the smile on our parent's faces.

Once the corsage is fully on, Vikki hands her a butterfly pin with a flower attached to it. Malia promises not to poke me before placing the pin on my suit jacket.

"Perfect! Now pose for us!" Vikki claps her hands together as we do as told.

I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her against my chest. Her back facing me as we do the traditional prom picture.