First night.

The dead is easier to deal with then the living. I know that may sound odd, and strange. How ever, the living cause so much damage, yet the dead are just there? They can't do anything to hurt us, they just lurk there, waiting; watching. This may sound weird but I'm here to tell a story, my names Astrid, and I am friends with a ghost.
***
The building looked ok, to say the most. It was a tall apartment complex, about 12 story's, I lived on the 11th. The walls where a molded brick, accompanied by a thin windows. The complex was once a calming red, now it's a tower of green and brown.
I carried the last box, the elevator was broken so I had to take the steel stairs. They smelt of urine and metal, it wasn't a comforting smell. I reached the door and finally arrived on my floor. Now I had the dark creepy corridor to walk down, by my self, in the dark. I took the first step, then the next, when I thought I saw something. It was a silver, and was a figure? I'm not sure I ran to quick for me too see. I felt scared? No I couldn't be, scared over what? I walked to my apartment. Apartment number 57, how great. I opened the door, it was dark, and weird but it was my home now. Even with the lights on the room wasn't the brightest.

It was late once I got to my house, I wanted to sleep, I wanted to turn away after what happened today with Tom. I layed in bed, it was uncomfortable but will do. I wanted to forget everything, it was the worst day in history. Eventually after tossing and turning for hours, I slept, for a couple hours. Then I was woken by this fog? In my bedroom? Staring at me..? I don't think fog's meant to do that.

Word count: 329
An: this is a tester type chapter, how ever I'm planning on continuing way more!!