01x02 𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹

Start from the beginning

She was lucky the weather wasn't actually cold, though. Only having a linen yellow dress and a thin grey cardigan for clothes, survival would become an issue, should winter arrive. And yet, it was still early October, so the sun's rays were warm and bright and welcoming into their embrace, so not fitting for the rains and storms inside her soul right now. Figuratively speaking, of course. But thinking ahead won't do any harm in her situation, so the girl noted that she needed to get warmer clothes, if she were to live on the streets. She was afraid to randomly set anything on fire again if she wished for just a bit of warmth, so she just had to act like a normal person the best she could.

A normal person...

Wait, is that a car running a man over in plain sight?!

Somewhere far ahead, Jessica saw a horrid scene unfold right in front of her eyes. A black SUV with toned windows just ran someone over, and the driver, instead of stopping the car and checking if the person they hit is alright, or just fleeing the scene, or something else any sane person would do, actually pulled back and hit their victim again, driving into him again, pulling back again, and hitting him again, and again...

Jessica couldn't speak, or scream, or do anything at all. She froze in place, sheer shock of what she's witnessing right now canceling out her ability to move her body. She just helplessly watched a murder taking place and couldn't do anything about it.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the torture came to an end, after the driver of the jeep, (Jessica swore she saw a woman there) seemingly making sure their victim's as good as dead, quickly drove off, fleeing the scene of their horrible crime. You should've done that much, much earlier, you lunatic, Jessica thought, still not being able to move an inch.

And then, she heard a groan.

Quickly realizing that it's the man that was run over, the shock and consternation was quickly taken over by the empathy and desire to help in any kind of way she can, and not thinking about it twice, the raven-haired girl hurried to the man, who was laying on the road on such a nice sunny day in a puddle of his own blood. Just behind his mangled body, the infamous Murder House was looming over, the well-known black sheep of such a clean neighborhood. How fitting.

Coming closer to the man, and kneeling in front of him, Jessica noticed that in fact, he wasn't a man...just yet. He looked about her age, his face having such a youthful child-like feel to it, despite the sharp jawline and cheekbones of an adult, combination looking almost ageless...sort of ethereal. Adding to his natural beauty, were his bright blue eyes and a very pretty shade of strawberry blonde hair. He was so young...Why did that person want him dead so badly? The girl thought to herself, cradling his head in her hands and placing it on her knees. The boy was on the verge of death, his eyes becoming glossier each passing moment, lungs coughing up more and more blood. This is bad...

A long-forgotten memory of a mangled puppy dying in her arms flashed in her mind at this very moment.

That's right...She's good at this, despite trying to subdue and deny it so hard. She could heal him...If only her powers are used for good, it's fine to do it just once, right?

Because if not...This boy is going to die right before her eyes. God will take his soul and send it to heaven, leaving his beaten down ruined body to rot on this earth in the hot California sun, his killer having achieved their goal in full. But that wasn't fair, was it? So as the boy's eyes struggled to fixate on her, a scruffy passerby girl in a yellow dress, a stranger he's never met before, she channeled her healing powers, the best she could.

Transferring her own life force into him, seeping it through his skin, into his veins, passing through the blood cells, his wounds started to slowly cave in and close, his countless broken bones mending themselves in a painful, yet correct way. Soon enough he could even finally move his fingers, raising his hand up in wonder to look at how unscathed it's suddenly become.