Chapter 1386-1390

Start from the beginning

Before the competition even started, Yun Song pulled Jian Yiling to the side and asked her: “What’s happening between you and the Zhang family? Why are you guys competing against each other?”

Over his lifetime, Yun Song had several encounters with the Zhang family. Yun Song genuinely respected the previous head of the Zhang family who gave him a lot of guidance throughout his career.

“He challenged me.”

“He…” Yun Song started. As he somewhat knew about Zhang Xin’s temper, Yun Song sighed helplessly: “Ahh, Zhang Xin is still young and impetuous…”

Despite saying that, Jian Yiling was still younger than Zhang Xin. Yet, she didn’t have any of Zhang Xin’s faults.

Yun Song reminded Jian Yiling: “Although Zhang Xin’s personality is not very good, he truly managed to inherit the medical skills of the Zhang family. In fact, he also innovated and pioneered several things from traditional Chinese medicine. You should be careful when competing against him.”

•••

Chapter 1387: Competition Begins

Translator: Exodus Tales  
Editor: Exodus Tales

Jian Yiling nodded her head.

When Yun Song saw this, he shook his head helplessly: “I know you’re not afraid of Zhang Xin. In addition, I’m not saying this because I don’t believe in your medical skills and expertise. I just want you to be careful of Zhang Xin. He’s different from ordinary doctors. He inherited medical skills which were passed down in his family over hundreds of years. The Zhang family truly deserves their reputation and status in the medical field.”

“I will be careful,” Jian Yiling calmly replied.

Jian Yiling also knew that although Zhang Xin’s personality was slightly arrogant, his medical skills and expertise were the real deal.

Yun Song added: “And you don’t need to feel stressed and burdened even if you end up losing to him. Their family has a history of hundreds of years. You shouldn’t be ashamed of yourself.”

“I’m not scared,” Jian Yiling replied.

Jian Yiling was never scared of failure.

Failure just meant she still had room for improvement.

Furthermore, Jian Yiling never felt that she was the best in a certain area or subject matter.

She was just doing what she thought was right.

“That’s good,” Yun Song said in relief.

Back in the conference room, Yun Song was elected as the main judge of this competition.

He announced the rules of this competition:

“Starting today, Mr. Zhang Xin and Ms. Jian Yiling will stay in two separate laboratories and engage in research. All materials, samples, and experimental bodies needed for research will be provided by our medical institution.”

“In principle, there is no time limit for this competition. The end of the competition will be marked by the results of one of the parties’ research. The competition allows you to recruit your own research team members but requires each member’s information to be reported to our medical institution in advance. Even though there’s no maximum number implemented, if possible, please keep the number of people in your respective research teams below twenty.”

After Yun Song finished speaking, he asked Zhang Xin and Jian Yiling whether they had any questions or comments.

Zhang Xin replied: “I have no questions or comments.”