Laser tag, friendship, and feelings | Ch. 2

-Shaggy's POV-

*Knock, knock* "Shaggy!" Fred opened the door. He's always happy to see me, he's a good friend. Too bad I'm probably gonna ruin our friendship with feelings. I hope our friendship can survive my crush. "Hey, Fred!" I smile, hopefully he doesn't notice my awkwardness, at least awkward is my normal. I don't know why he's friends with me. "You ready?!" He smiled like always. He's pretty much a golden retriever. He's the happiest person ever, especially when we're solving mysteries, or he's setting, planning or talking traps. "Yeah, are the others here yet?" Scooby's hanging out with his dog friends still talking to them even though they never reply. "Nope, uhhh Velma's... studying! and uh Daphne is.. at the mall with her friends." He looked and sounded like he came up with that on the spot. He probably was just trying to remember.

"Let's go!" He puts an end the awkward silence. "Okay" We head over to the mystery machine. He opens the door for me, weird, but okay... He looks nervous which is strange cause like he's a pretty confident guy. Great like now I'm more nervous. Luckily the drive is quick, and we get to the laser tag place quick. We walk inside and get ready. We join a group of people, we were on opposite teams I'm on team green, he's on team blue.

I headed in, ready for my quick fate. Luckily, I'm a great hider. And my team caught most of Fred's team, and Fred got most of my team. "Oh, Shaggy? It's just us left" I didn't need to see his face to know he has like the biggest smirk ever on it. He was getting closer, I could feel my nerves building up. "Hi Shaggy" he whispers next to my ear, startling me. I was curled up in a ball behind some walls and barricades. He gave me his hand I grabbed it and stood up. I put my hands up, full surrender. "Just get it over with" I close my eyes accepting my fate. He grabs my gun *zap* I open my eyes, but my suit is still glowing, his light is out. "Fred! You caught me! Why shoot yourself? You're clearly better you should win! I just cowered behind those barricades the entire time" His sweetness always gets the best of him. He places his hand on my shoulder "I just wanted you to have fun." He smiles. "I uh.. I always have fun with you. You should have fun too." I nervously smile. "I always have fun with you" he confidently smiles. "I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. Why do I have to be so obviously in love with him?

He grabs my hand "let's go get some snacks" He sure knows the way to my heart. "Okay" he smirks probably because my face is so red. We go to get snacks, he gets chips, I get like half the menu. I have a very quick metabolism. He drags me to the arcade games. We always do fun stuff like this. Don't tell Scooby, I love eating and cowering, but I have the time of my life doing whatever thing Fred talks me into.

Hours of food and games and a couple more games of laser tag a couple of them me and Fred ended up on the same team and we were the final 2 every time because like I'm a good hider and like he got anyone who tried to take me out. I swear everyday I love him more. It sucks because he'll never see me like that. *ding* I get a text from Velma.

V: "How's laser tag with Fred?"
S: "Great! He's almost more awkward than me so I'm way more comfortable!"
V: "Good :)"
S: "How's studying?"
V: "I'm not studying, Me and Daphne are making out... don't tell anyone especially Scooby."
S: "Congrats!"
V: "Did Fred say I was studying?"
S: "Yeah, he probably thought that's what you were doing"
V: "mhm.... :)"
S: "What do you mean by that?..."
*Read*
S: "Velma???"
*Read*

She stopped replying, she's probably busy making out with Daphne, after all she's been in love with her forever. At least I won't have to suffer through watching Fred and Daphne date. I'll just have to suffer watching him with a stranger which is less awful. I hate that thought but as long as he's happy, that's all that matters. He opens the door again. "I hope you had fun" He says hopeful. "Of course I did" I smile, he smiles back. "Me too!" I'm glad my nervousness didn't ruin everything. "Do you wanna uhhh hang out at my place? We can play video games if you want" he smiles. "Sure" I smiled back.

We got back to his place and played Mario Kart. I'm actually pretty good at video games. Fred is of course good at everything. But I beat him every time. "You wanna have a sleepover? Like we used to." He grinned. "Uh, sure" oh god, how can I avoid being more nervous and awkward now? Plus Fred's a cuddler, I'm gonna fuck up everything. Fred drove me to grab my stuff, and we headed back to his place. We got back and helped his mom make dinner and after dinner we made popcorn and watched Harry Potter, just like old times. His family always made me feel like part of the family. I think his mom knows that I'm secretly in love with him. I hope she hasn't said anything to him, because I would die.

After Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets, we go to bed. "Goodnight, Shaggy" Fred softly smiles. "Goodnight, Freddy" I softly smiled back at him. I've always loved his smile. In my opinion it's the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Oh god, I'm simping again. Why does he have to be so perfect? *Soft snoring* He's already asleep. I wish I could fall asleep as fast as he does, but it's hard for me, it's always been easier with him around. He's already starting to cling to me, like a koala. I love it but I hate it, because I know he'll never feel the same way I do.