"We've had almost a decades worth of time."

Louis looked down, scoffing.

"No, you have, Harry. You've had time. You've gotten to be free, to be happy, to be yourself. You may have had time to grow, but I may as well be that same kid you met in the bathroom at auditions. I may as well be the same man who left you on New York all those years ago. I haven't been given the freedom and the will to do as I please."

I was silent, taking in his words. They were true, yes, but... wasn't that what we were here to do? Weren't we trying to fix things.

"It's too much, too soon."

"Oh.." it was all I could think to say.

"I know it's not fair, but I need to...i just need time."

He was tearing up now, and I reached out to comfort him, to touch him. Louis backed away slightly.

"How much time?" I spoke slowly.

"I don't...know."

"You don't know?"

"Harry," Louis tore his eyes away from me and reached for his phone on the counter.

Oh. So he was leaving. Now.

"I don't know how much time I need. It could be days, it could be months. But it can't be now, I know that."

I felt the icy wave of defeat wash over me.

"Louis...I can't wait for you forever."

He glanced at me one last time before turning the handle of the front door.

"I'm not asking you to wait," he spoke calmly. "I never asked you to wait in the first place."

Then again, he was gone.

----------

BACK TO THE PRESENT

"Did you know you snore?"

I jolted awake, surprised by Alex's voice. Had I fallen asleep again?

"I do not," i choked out groggily.

At this point, the sun was full on shining through the window, and I could tell it was MUCH later than 6 am. As in, it was probably the afternoon.

"You do. It's cute...and somewhat annoying."

I chuckled softly, and his laugh followed seconds after.

There it was again. The same feeling I had last night. The same feeling that had brought us here in the first place. Alex made me feel comfortable and human. He made me feel soft, and warm.

I rubbed my eyes and thanked whatever his there might be that my headache had calmed down.

"What time is it?"

Alex brought out his phone and made a face at the screen.

"It's fucking 3pm."

Well, there goes half the day.

"Christ," I whispered, and began to rise from the bed. I didn't have any clothes on which wasn't a surprise, so I wearily walked over to my dresser abductee on a pair of boxers.

"Was last night good for you?" Alex called from the bed. I could tell he was nervous for the answer, and it made me wonder if he wasn't the one night stand kind of guy. He did say he didn't often buy drinks for people, but I had written it off as flirting. Suddenly, I felt a pang of guilt within me. Had I misread the situation?