jungkook stays quiet, hugging jin tighter and closes his eyes, never letting the tears stop. jimin's smiling face and warm hugs, crescent eyes and sweet voice, his scoldings and even his strict glares come alive all together in jungkook's head. like his whole life flashed before his eyes in a mere second, finding his hyung by his side always, all the time, whenever he needed him.

"what should i do...?" jungkook hushes out softly.

"give him what he wants," jin answers, "let jimin have his best days with you. make him happy and let him know how much you love him. that should be more than enough for your jimin hyung,"

jungkook nods slowly, pulling away from the hug and tries to wipe the tears away, but they only keeping returning with every thought about jimin. jin picks up the papers from the couch, not wanting jimin to see it and worry about his siblings any more than he already is, always telling jin to take care of jungkook and aera as they're both too young, especially aera, to face the world alone.

now it makes sense to jungkook as well, why jimin has been wanting jungkook to do his chores himself and be a little responsible, be more attentive towards aera and eat on time and many things like that. since last two weeks jimin made jungkook sit with him in the kitchen while he or any of the elder boys worked, claiming that he should know at least some basic recipies to cook so that in case he's alone, he won't have to feed himself and aera on pizzas and burgers every day.

now it all made sense.

as jungkook's still struggling not to cry, he hears the front door opening again and some laughing voices getting louder as the boys make their way in. jimin, yoongi, namjoon, hoseok and taehyung are home. jungkook stares at jimin, feeling his throat tightening again, then he glances at jin, who gives him an assuring nod stroking his back slowly in an easing manner.

"hey, jungkook," taehyung smiles, sitting with the elder boys and pulls jungkook to sit as well.

"hi..." jungkook is stiff next to taehyung, unable to take off his eyes from his brother, trying to figure out any sign or symptom of the heavy pain that jimin carries with him all the time.

"hey, what's up?" jimin chuckles, "why are you looking at me like that?"

"uh nothing," jungkook shakes his head slowly, lowering his gaze to his lap quietly and gulps down his fears with the aching lump in his throat.

"are you okay? did something happen in school?" yoongi asks.

"no, i'm okay," jungkook takes a deep breath, replaying jin's words in his head how he's supposed to be happy so that his hyung can be happy. so he smiles and stands up, "i... i told ri to look for a nice movie. we're going to have a movie night... and i think you should join?"

"sure," jimin agrees right away, followed by an enthusiastic nod from taehyung, jin and hoseok as well. then namjoon sighs deeply, giving in due to the four pairs of shining eyes staring at him, and so does yoongi.

"okay, cool. i'll get the snacks ready," jungkook stands up, turning to the kitchen instantly when he feels it's unbearable to hide his tears, dropping some on the way to the fridge. his hand clutches on the handle tightly, taking a few deep breaths like jimin always told to do when he was trying to calm him down.

"kook," jimin's voice makes the boy flinch, wiping his eyes from the back of his sleeve before turning around with a smile.

"hm?"

"are you okay?" the elder asks, picking up a bottle of water while jungkook zones out again, staring at his face, "what's going on? why do you keep looking at me?" jimin scrunches up his nose, tapping the younger's chin gently as he chuckles.