Love, Kook || 07

Börja om från början

jimin's heart was giving up and no one was doing anything to help him. not even jin, who always said that it's his duty as a doctor, to make sure his patients are fine. jungkook nibbles on his lip, searching for jin's eyes for answers, but his tongue forgot how to frame questions, mind only bustled with hazy doubts and uncertainties.

"what happened, jungkook? calm down and tell me what's wrong," jin soothes the boy, stroking his hair, but jungkook shakes his head, wiping off the tears harshly from his face and pulls away, getting a frown from the elder. "what—"

"why didn't you tell me?" jungkook chokes out, "jimin hyung... he's not well,"

jin freezes in his spot, staring at the younger with sympathetic eyes and shifts closer after a minute of silence, "w-what are you saying, kook? jimin's absolutely fine,"

"no! you're lying! i saw it— those papers! you signed it!" jungkook stands up, pulling out the reports and prescriptions from his pocket, holding it in front of jin, who's stunned by the news as well. jungkook breaks into a sob, falling on his knees before jin, having his free hand planted on the carpet for support, "why... why hyung? why didn't you tell me? my hyung is— is he going to die? what happened to him?" jungkook stares at jin with begging eyes, shifting near the elder's feet and holds his hands, letting go of the papers, "i— i don't trust these, hyung, i swear. you tell me the truth. what happened to my hyung? he look's so tired these days... is he really sick that bad?"

jin stares at the boy, tears blurring his eyes as well, watching jungkook so uneasy and desperate before him. he blinks his eyes slowly, stroking jungkook's hair and decides that it's time, "he's sick," jin nods, taking a deep breath and holds jungkook's hand, hoping that he'd be the one to hold him together when the tragic news comes crashing down at him, "he has a heart condition, where uhm, the heart muscles get damaged due to a number of reasons. in your brother's case, it's because of his stressful life and overhectic schedules," jin explains his best to make jungkook understand the medical thing, getting a scared and confused look from him.

"but why? we're all so— so happy... he always said he's fine. i saw him, he's fine! you're lying... please hyung, don't— don't do this. i'll listen to you and jimin hyung and yoongi hyung— i'll listen to everyone, i promise! please don't say that. i don't wanna lose my hyung," jungkook cries, resting his head on jin's lap, holding his hand tightly, "where's hyung? call him home..."

"hey, relax," jin rubs his own eyes, leaning down to give jungkook a hug, "jimin asked me not to tell you or anyone about this. his condition is severe and he didn't want to spend his last few days worrying you. he wants to see you happy with him an—"

"this is how you think he's making me happy?" jungkook sniffles, "no, i don't know anything— just call him right now. i wanna see him!"

"kook, listen to me, please. just try to relax for now. jimin's okay,"

"no, he's not! you said he's going to die! why are you lying to me?! i'm not a kid anymore! i can see it hyung, he's not fine! he couldn't play with riri the other day, he couldn't attend my soccer match because he wasn't feeling well suddenly! why don't you help him...? y-you're a doctor, help him please..." jungkook begs, years streaming down his face, "please jin hyung, help my brother. i don't want him to die..."

"i'm sorry," jin hushes out, hugging jungkook and rubs his back, "i'm really sorry for this, buddy,"

"why? isn't there any way to— to help hyung? a surgery maybe? i've seen in movies... they put something in the heart and then the patient is fine. can you not do that too?" jungkook whimpers.

"we can. but it's too risky at jimin's stage. we already came to know pretty late, and the doctors handling his case said that installing a pace maker now might not be very helpful. there are chances that he won't make it through the surgery. jimin knows this, we've talked about this and he said that he can't risk his last days with you and aera, with us,"