First day Luck

Btw guys I am not a native hindi speaker, but I love hindi and I am trying my best to be as correct as possible. Please correct me if I wrote the hindi wrong...

[First Day Luck]

Kairav slowly entered his new room- no- office, his Bade Papa and AG following closely behind him.

Bade Papa then ran to the the office table and picked up a golden sign, written on it in bold cursive letters was 'Kairav Goenka'. Kairav was already nervous about this job, but it was what written below that made his heart beat against his chest harder.

"Product Manager?!" He accidentally yelled, "Bade Papa? AG? Yeh kya hai? Mai management position nahi kar sakta. Mujhe laga main kuch assistant ka kaam karunga"

AG's smile faded, "Kyun?? Are tumhe degree ki hai, itne creative ho, to apne aap ko kyun doubt kar rahe ho? Haan?"

Bade Papa observed the worry in Kairav's eyes. He placed the sign back onto the table and slowly walked to Kairav, "Kairav beta, tumaare papa aise hi the jab usne job start kiya tha. Aur wo bhi product manager ka job. Khud ko jitna jaanate ho na? Hum dono use behatar jaanate hai tumhe" Bade papa reassured.

As unsure as Kairav was, he knew his Bade papa would never do anything to hurt him and hearing that his dad was unsure too gave him a little hope that maybe this would all work out.

AG then got an idea, "ek kaam karte hai"

Bade papa and Kairav turned to AG.

"One week ki liye tu yeh job kar, agar acha nahi kar paya, toh job chor de" he shrugged.

Kairav thought for a second, "AG, yeh thora unfair nahi? Matlab, pata bhi nahi agar main deserve karta hu aur job mil gayi...company ke employees kya sochenge?"

Bade Papa placed his hands on Kairav's shoulders, "Are Kairav, close kar yeh overthinking ki dukaan ko! Aisa aag laga de, aise aag laga de, ki wo kuch soche toh yeh soche ki tum kitne ache ho!"

Suddenly, AG's phone rang...

"Are Rajiv, Humko kab yaad kiya?" AG smiled.

"Pata tha yeh phone karenge" Bade Papa mumbled.

"Haan haan, bas meeting karlo hum aata hai ek do din mein" AG gestured Bade Papa to come.

Bade Papa nodded, "Kairav, Pune ja rahe hai. Do din mein aa rahe hai. Tum wo folder ki notes par lo, tumhara secretary aata hi hoga use puch lenhne agar koi questions hai toh. Bahut important kam hai iss liye ja rahe hai warna hum rahete tumhare saath" he patted hi shoulder and followed AG out but just before he went out the door he turned to Kairav, "Make us proud" he spoke and finally left.

Kairav sighed. This is gonna be a long day.

...

Abdullah paced his way across the office and into his new boss' cabin finding him in a pool of papers looking distraught. He gave came closer to the messy table that he had organised this morning, "Uhhh sir, kuch dhoonde rahe ho?" He asked.

Kairav got startled unknowing that his secretary had entered his cabinet, "oh, hi" he said.

"Hi sir," Abdullah let his hand out for a handshake, "Abdullah, I'm your secretary. Sorry sir, I should've knocked"

"Nahi kuch baat nahi" Kairav said shaking his hand.

Abdullah nodded followed by a nod from Kairav. Kairav looked around the table noticing that he had made a mess. Now he started worrying about what Abdullah thought of him seeing this. As nice as Abdullah looked with his soft voice reminding him of Shaan, the mind loves to judge.

"Manish sir ne kaha ki tumhe shayad help chahiye hogi first day main, toh are there any questions sir?" Abdullah asked.

Kairav took away his clueless look and adjusted his navy blue suit, in an attempt to look confident, "nahi, mujhe kyu questions hogi? yeh mera kaam karne ka tareeka hai."

Abdullah blinked. He looked once more to the table and then back at a high chinned Kairav, "par sir, yeh toh tumhara kaam hi nahi, yeh toh Maya madam ka-" he walked around the table to read the papers in concentration.

Kairav looked up and down at Abdullah and then stood up, "h-haa dekhna tha kitni profits hai" he spoke as his voice began to fade away seeing Abdullah's mouth open wide. 

'Ab kya hua? yeh papers mujhe samaj hi nahi aaye, numbers hi numbers the, jo samaj mai aaye wo sirf orgainse kiya' Kairav thought

"Sir aapne toh problem solve kar diya!" Abdullah exclaimed.

Kairav narrowed his eyes, "maine problem...solve kar diya?"

"yes sir!"

Kairav gave a nervous giggle and scratched the back of his neck, "acha batao kaise?" he asked to figure out exactly what he did.

Abdullah tilted his head, "kya sir aap bhi, mujhe test kar rahe ho," he said, "main hi to finance se shift hua, is liye mujhe pehle hi dekh kar pata chal gaya. Sir, here at the top row we have the normal report of profits gained which show little increase. However, instead of analysing the reason why by observe the increase of clients, state of shares, competition in markets, which are all the reports you put to the side, you observed the partnerships we have and the business they are doing, hence why they are in the centre..."

Kairav's brows furrowed as all the words Abdullah spoke went into one ear and ran out the other. What was he saying? What was he seeing? this was all random. 

"And, hence, we find the reason for a flatter gradient on profits," Abdullah smiled, "sir main yeh Maya madam sir ko du? Wo aur Tara pagal ho gaye yeh solution dhoondhne mai" He chuckled.

Kairav began to think. He should correct Abdullah. He really should. But, then the words of Bade Papa rang in his mind, 'Makes us proud'...

"sir? may I take my leave?"

Kairav snapped out of his mind and without another thought uttered "yes".

Taking all the papers in one pile, Abudullah left.

"Actually, Ab-" It was too late to change anything now, Kairav stopped himself and sat on his chair. 

Suddenly, Abdullah entered the office once again, "aur sir, sab ke phone numbers pehle drawer mai hai, dekh lena sir, see you sir, thank you sir"

Kairav nodded with a weak formed smile and watch Abudullah leave through the slightly tilted wooden blinds of his office window. If he were to open them now, he would see the whole office that his family pays. A whole office that now works under him. A whole office that is about to think that he figured out why the company barely gained any profits.

Kairav sighed, 'Jo hoga, dekha jayega' Kairav thought.