Aloha Oe

Uma's POV

David and Nani soon surface with Lilo. But there's no sign of Stitch. "Where's Stitch?!" I hear Lilo shout. David dives back under as Nani brought Lilo to shore. I ran over as Nani looked at Lilo's arm in concerned.

"Lilo? Lilo, look at me. Look at me, baby. Are you hurt?" Nani asks her.

"No" Lilo assures her. I rub around their legs. Glad that they are ok. Though a small part of me is worried about Stitch. If something happened to him, Lilo would be sad.

David surfaces with Stitch and walks over to us, carrying him. "He's unconscious, but I think he's alive" he states as he put Stitch down. Stitch woke with a start coughing up water and flaps onto his legs with a snarl. Nani pulled Lilo away from him. I felt eyes on us and turned to see Cobra Bubbles. Oh no.

"David, take Lilo" Nani says handing Lilo to him. She heads over to Cobra and I followed her. "This isn't what it looks like. We were... It-It's just that..." she tries to explain.

"I know you're trying, Nani" Cobra says with a sigh as he removed his shades. "But you need to think about what's best for Lilo" he tells her. "Even if it removes Uma and you from the picture" he adds sadly. Nani looks down sadly as I feel tears prick my eyes. "I'll be back tomorrow morning for Lilo. I'm sorry" he says genuinely before leaving.

David walks over to us with Lilo. "Nani? Is there something I can do?" he asks her.

"No, David" she says as she turned to him. Holding her arms out for Lilo, he hands her to Nani. "Uh, I need to take Lilo home now. We have a lot to talk about, Lilo. Thanks" she says before heading home. I followed leaving Stitch with David.

When we arrived home Nani picked three flowers from a bush. She placed one in Lilo's hair and her own. Then one in my fur. Before we all sat on the hammock together. The sun had set and it's night time now.

"Lilo, honey..." Nani says and trials off. Not knowing what to say. "We have to, uh..." she pauses again. I rub my head against her leg, trying to comfort her.

"Don't worry. You're nice, and someone will give you a job" Lilo assures her. "I would" she admits. Nani holds her arms out to her.

"Come here" she says and Lilo gets in between her legs. I then get in between Lilo's as Nani removed the flowers from our hair/fur. She started to sing as we all touched the flowers. "Aloha Oe, Aloha Oe E ke onaona noho i ka lipo. One fond embrace, a ho'i a'e au. Until we meet again" she finishes as we released the flowers and watched them fly away. As Nani held Lilo and I close.

I noticed Stitch watching us and glared slightly. It's all his fault Nani didn't get a job today and our family is being torn apart. Unless Nani could get a job by the time Cobra Bubbles arrived tomorrow to collect Lilo. Who knows when we'd see each other again?

We all go inside, Nani gave me dinner. But I didn't have an appetite. So I left it as she watched TV. I went to check on Lilo in her room. I see her in bed talking to Stitch who was by the window with a story book.

"Our family's little now and we don't have many toys but if you want, you could be part of it. You could be our baby and we'd raise you to be good" she tells Stitch. "O'hana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind but if you want to leave, you can. I'll remember you, though. I remember everyone that leaves" she says sadly. Stitch left and I go outside.

I meow getting Stitch's attention. "Uma" he says.

'You leave, you make Lilo sad' I tell him.

"O'hana was better without me" he says.

'Maybe, maybe not. We will never know if you leave' I tell him. 'Just think about it' I state and go to go back inside.

"I thought you hated me" he states.

'I do not hate you, I hate what is happening to my family' I tell him swishing my tail. 'Use tonight to think of what you want' I add before going back inside. I spot Nani asleep on the couch. I went over and pulled the blanket over her. Before going to Lilo's room and curl up beside her on the bed. She holds me close and I fall asleep. Praying that things will be better in the morning.

A/N

Picture above of Uma with a flower (imagine her sad) and picture on the external link of Nani singing to Lilo.