Chapter 12: Anger and Arguments

Começar do início

Miguel eyed the boy for a minute and Miles won't deny that he felt slightly intimidated by him. He never liked the guy (did he mention that?) but he still held a respect for him.

All eyes were on Miguel for what felt like an eternity, but the man eyes only bore into the boy's. Suddenly Miguel turns away with a shrug, "I say we give him to her."

Miles felt like he had been punched in the gut.

"Does he really hate me that much?"

"What?!" all voices sound in unison.

"If we put a tracker on him and let Olivia take him, she'll lead us right to her base," he explains nonchalantly.

"Are you crazy?" Gwen seethed, "We don't know what her plans are. She could kill him!"

Miguel rolled his eyes, "The kids got superpowers. He should be able to hold his own."

Miles couldn't help but voice the small pit of fear in the back of his mind. "But... but what if I can't?" He spoke softly, his voice coming out more vulnerable than he wanted it to.

Miguel lolled his head back against the wall, "Not my problem."

The room went silent.

Something in Miles's mind snapped. He shot out from his chair, a serious expression on his face. "What's you're problem with me, Miguel?! What did I do to make you hate me?"

All were started by his outburst- all except the antagonizer, who watched him with an unbothered expression. "I've monitored the actions and fighting styles of everyone here before forming this team," he stated.

"That's pretty creepy." Porker interrupted.

Miguel shot him a glare before turning back to Miles and continuing, "And to be completely honest, I wasn't that impressed by you."

"I wasn't aware his method of of saving people's lives was supposed to impress you," Gwen said, folding her arms with sarcasm lining her voice. Her facial features were hard as steel. Miles couldn't couldn't tell how she felt about all this. She was impossible to read.

"Then why did you do all this?" Miles retorted, "Why do you give me a goober-"

"-Gizmo," Miguel interrupted.

"And why did you let me on the team?"

The Spider-man from 2099 didn't speak for a moment, before shrugged and nodded his head in the direction of the eldest spider-person, "Because of Peter."

All heads swiveled over to Peter.

"He kept telling me you were ready- that you would be an asset to this team. I said 'no' four times before I finally gave up," Miguel shook his head in annoyance, "And what happened?" He stepped forward until he was face to face with Miles. He was so close he could feel the man's breath on his face. The man's expression was blank but there was a angry fire behind his eyes that made Miles cower, "She got away because of you. Because you froze and were too scared to fight back. The dimensions might collapse onto each other because you let our target get away." The look of disgust he gave made Miles feel so small and insignificant, "You may have superpowers... but you are far from a hero."

The room was so quiet in that room was so deafening. It was the kind of silence that made Miles want to curl up in his bedsheets and never come out.

"He thinks I'm not good enough. That I'm expendable- worthless... Maybe he's right."

"Hey! That was harsh and uncalled for!" Peni stated.

"That was pretty foul. He is just a kid." Noir agreed.