Chapter 2 - The Five Lords

"Remember me y/n. I'll be waiting"

You frenziedly shoot up out of your bed, covered in sweat and breathing heavy, with the raven haired woman's voice ringing in your ears.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Your head falls into your hands and you let out a deep sigh. You didn't have time for this shit today. No time to ponder the ominous last words of the woman in your dream and no time to linger in bed either, because you had a meeting with Mother Miranda today. Great.

Groaning at the thought, you stand and tiredly make your way to your bathroom to get ready for the day. You strip out of your night clothes and throw them in the hamper in the corner. Soon the bathroom fills with steam and the smell of your cherry and almond soaps.

Per her last letter, the other Lords would be present at what she called a "Family Meeting", and she needed all of The village Lords to be in attendance. Which included you. Unfortunately. Unbeknownst to them and probably everyone else, there was a fifth Lord that The Priestess had taken under her wings nearly 2 and a quarter centuries ago now.

You. Lord Y/n Bogdon. The very first Lord. Now everyone always thought it was Lady Dimitrescu who was the first but she was a very close second. You both had been Lorded within months of each other.

When you joined her ranks, Mother Miranda had asked that you stay under the radar and that was just fine with you. You preferred not to see too many people almost one hundred percent of the time, seeing as you were not an extroverted person, and when she admitted she knew how jealous her 'children' could be, you knew you could never meet them and be just fine.

Your normal meetings have only ever been you and the priestess alone. She would give you your mission and upon your return you'd log it in, and receive a new mission. This meeting better be important if she's gonna have all her minions to meet at once. Other than you and the other four lords, there wasn't really anyone else that you had heard of working for the woman since you had known her, so she must be close to finishing her plan.

'I hope so' you thought ,' I may work for her, but that doesn't mean I want to do it for as long as I'm immortal. You scoffed at the thought. Not like she would let useful underlings go. She'd probably keep you around to babysit the little chit she's trying to shroom, or mould, or whatever she said. She sounds batshit most of the time. Thank god for files or you never would have completed any missions.

You finally finish your shower and wrap a towel around yourself. Making your way back into your bedroom, and towards your vanity. With practiced ease only centuries of habit could give you, you blowdry your long wavy hair, and pull it back into a half up half down look with small pieces of hair framing your face. You apply some light mascara, your full long lashes doing most of the work, then make your way to the closet and grab some wool leggings, a long black skirt, and a blood red long sleeve button up shirt. After laying the clothes on the dresser next to your bed, you grab a set of underwear from the top drawer and slip them on before doing the same with the leggings, skirt, and shirt.

A knock at the door interrupts you on your way to get your socks and shoes.

"I'm decent Helena, you can come in."

The door opens and Helena, your head maid or rather your only maid, enters the room carrying a tray with tea, two cups, and a bottle of your blood wine. Your breakfast. It's a special blend you get imported by the crate, it's a wonderful wine and you've been drinking it for many years. Mother Miranda was actually the one who introduced you to it.

But Helena was a different story. Helena had come to you as a young girl of 18, fresh off the boat from Ireland, during one of the coldest recorded winters in Romania in 1988. Herself and her foal Titan had been seeking shelter on the way to the village and she had marched right up to your door, with the small foal strapped to her back, and had begged you to shelter them if only for the night.