The Sorting of the blood of Slytherin

Start from the beginning

But I couldn't understand. I, heir to Slytherin and daughter of the Dark Lord, was not a parseltoungue.

Father was trying to have me learn the language, but it sounded like hisses to me, which it was. He told me I must have it hidden in me; every first born of the Salzazar Slytherin family inherits the ability to speak the language of the snakes. It's in my blood!

As if sensing my agitation, Neleh rubbed her head on my arm. I patted the snake lovingly when someone bumped into me. I looked up, ready to yell foul words to express my anger, but I saw it was my doppelgänger.

I would have to be kind to her; she seemed to be becoming friends with Harry and co.

"Sorry!" She smiled, and I found myself smiling back. It revolted me, smiling willingly instead of out of duty, but I found myself beginning to like the girl I have known for but a few hours. Even if she went to a Muggle school before. What were her parents thinking? Polluting a witch with those stupid Muggles.

"Where are you headed?" I asked her,

"The owl tower." I nearly smacked my forehead for the dumb question; of course she's headed for the owl tower. There is nothing else up these steps.

"Oh…well..." I wasn't quite sure what to say next, it was strange talking to a girl my age; it was something I have never done before.

"Is that a snake?" I looked at her in surprise, I had forgotten Neleh. But the thing that surprised me was the wonder in her voice. Perhaps I feel this 'liking' of her because we are like-minded. It would be easy imagining her being cruel and evil, especially with her strait black hair and eyes darker than night. It would be, if it weren't for the sweet innocence that warmed the onyx stones of her eyes, like a kind flame lighting them from the inside.

"Yes," I said cautiously, ready with an Obliviate, the mind erasing spell. Just in case. "This is Neleh."

"She's lovely," Her hand extended. "May I?"

I nodded and Pandora touched the black scales delicately, unsure on the snake’s strength. Neleh brought up her head and gazed at Pandora lazily before surprising us. She unfurled herself from my arm and used Pandora's arm like a bridge, resting on the girl's shoulder. My snake sat there hissing while she looked at it with wide eyes, obviously not expecting this behavior from a snake. I picked Neleh up and put her in my pocket. "I have to get back to my dorm, it's in the dungeons."

"The dungeons? What a silly place for the Slytherin dorm."

"Well, if I had a choice, I'd be in the warm Gryffindor dorm!"

"Maybe that hat chose Slytherin because you have a snake."

I agreed, although I knew that was not the case.

"Bye." She said, walking around me and headed up the stairs.

"Bye." I muttered to her retreating figure before going back down.