12: The Kiss Quotient

Start from the beginning

Prologue

Khai Diep has no feelings. Well, he feels irritation when people move his things or contentment when ledgers balance down to the penny, but not big, important emotions-like grief. And love. He thinks he's defective. His family knows better-that his autism means he just processes emotions differently. When he steadfastly avoids relationships, his mother takes matters into her own hands and returns to Vietnam to find him the perfect bride.

As a mixed-race girl living in the slums of Ho Chi Minh City, Esme Tran has always felt out of place. When the opportunity arises to come to America and meet a potential husband, she can't turn it down, thinking this could be the break her family needs. Seducing Khai, however, doesn't go as planned. Esme's lessons in love seem to be working...but only on herself. She's hopelessly smitten with a man who's convinced he can never return her affection.

With Esme's time in the United States dwindling, Khai is forced to understand he's been wrong all along. And there's more than one way to love.

Review

Autism is something I read in this book for the first time in depth, till now I came across books which were focused on OCD only. Still after reading this I'm sure I had this autism spectrum and it differs person to person

If you feel like that, then do see a doctor and since where I live getting mental therapy is considered as an obnoxious luxury until you become someone really important. Like an ornament with a crazy price on you, you will be considered as someone who deserves that treatment... You many think I'm ranting but I'm just trying to convey that if you can reach therapist reach it, don't be ashamed because it's better to be somewhere than nowhere. And the reality of not being considered as someone who deserves such treatment, slices the heart deeper than the opportunity to receive it.

Emotional confessions aside...

Khai's character was an insight to the world of autism. I learnt his characteristics to help anyone else out there. Many instances in the book were so different if viewed from Khai's view that it made me more invested in the book.

As for Esme, she was really lovely, her love for her children was something really beautiful. Her gallant persona and her decisions were straightly admirable.

As the plot proceeded things were realistic to some point except the ending scene which turned out to be really really dramatic. It's a constructive criticism for the author (I hope she don't see this..) and tbh in the end that wedding scene made me feel weird like....the kiss quotient was awesome and I wondered only one thing, that how come this book had such drama in the end? ..I didn't like that. It was like a glass of water poured over on my interest to read the book more.

Anyways, this book till the last is interesting due to Vietnamese culture which was new to me. Accounting is my favourite so I loved it more, Khai's love aligned with mine own.

Michael's wedding glistened my eyes and I wanted atleast half chapter dedicated to that lovely couple.

You must read it too...but among the series, this book will be the third most interesting book because the second position of my ranking is already occupied by Quan's book.

Quannnnnnn!

Any commerce students in comment section?

#Book 3

Prologue

Prologue

A woman struggling with burnout learns to embrace the unexpected-and the man she enlists to help her-in this new New York Times bestselling romance by Helen Hoang.

When violinist Anna Sun accidentally achieves career success with a viral YouTube video, she finds herself incapacitated and burned out from her attempts to replicate that moment. And when her longtime boyfriend announces he wants an open relationship before making a final commitment, a hurt and angry Anna decides that if he wants an open relationship, then she does, too. Translation: She's going to embark on a string of one-night stands. The more unacceptable the men, the better.

That's where tattooed, motorcycle-riding Quan Diep comes in. Their first attempt at a one-night stand fails, as does their second, and their third, because being with Quan is more than sex-he accepts Anna on an unconditional level that she herself has just started to understand. However, when tragedy strikes Anna's family she takes on a role that she is ill-suited for, until the burden of expectations threatens to destroy her. Anna and Quan have to fight for their chance at love, but to do that, they also have to fight for themselves.

Review

Quan instantly became my fav character in Michael's book. And who will not love this drug dealer like appearance man who's hell smart and ofc cute like a squishy teddy bear from heart.

Ok..you can guess I like him so muchhh.

As for Anna, she was also autistic and her autism was also ... totally new for me. Because I never ever met someone who dedicated their whole being in pleasing others and mostly around me it happens the opposite. Anna's character to me..I will be brutally honest, was in beginning annoying because she wasn't doing things that were so simple for me like saying no and putting people into their place even if it ends our relationship forever (I've a tendency to do that always) And suddenly I realized, damn, for me doing things that I fear of is so menacing and something that I could never do in my entire life and would chose falling from a precipice rather than doing that. So in conclusion this realization that dawned on me helped me to realize and I made a resolution to retain it forever that fears differs person to person. What I can do, Anna can't do and same vice versa. I've seen people being a bitch and telling others not to do this and that and to alter their "nusaince" behavior just because they can't do simple things in life. And maybe I realized it too that somethings can be as easy as eating food for us but it can't be same for others.

So don't be a bitch and be linenent on others. Understand their fears even if you feel that little worm wriggling inside you and urging you to squish someone else(for the information I don't do but many do this only,) in the end you will create an enemy and lose a potential friend.

This thing may drift over the heads of daddy's princesses and princes...

So..

All the two books were beautiful and gave a depth insight to autism but this book had more important points covered than the rest. I'm not comparing but just admiring the book here.

One of the precious series