"If he knows what's best for him, he'll listen to her words. I know my dad won't be happy about all of this if he does decide to press charges, but he will go further as to ruin himself and his family for hurting Sarah like that. I'm not too worried about it, Top, if he does then we'll get out of it one way or another. Don't stress, though, you'll only hurt yourself more." Was all he said before walking out of the room and to the door to leave.

It was a couple of days later when all four friends were sitting in the Cameron house watching a movie. Ward and Rose took Wheezie on a trip the day before and wouldn't be back for a week.

The four of them were laughing about something Topper said when they heard police sirens. I turned to look out of the window when four cop cars pulled up the driveway.

"Shit!" Topper cursed, turning to Rafe. "What are we supposed to do? He said he wouldn't press charges!"

Rafe turned to me briefly before looking at Topper, "It might've not been him, it could've been his parents." He huffed.

"Who's going to go answer the door?" Sarah asked as three heavy knocks sounded against the door, the cops making themselves known and stating who they were there for.

"Let me do it." Rafe said while standing up, walking to the foyer, and opening the door.

"Rafe Cameron?" The officer questioned, peeking his head inside.

"That's me." Rafe said, tightening his jaw. Topper stood up and walked behind Rafe, hoping this wasn't what they thought it was.

"Topper Thornton?" He asked Topper with furrowed eyebrows. Topper nodded before looking back at me and Sarah.

"I'm here to inform your arrest for assaulting a minor. On behalf of the city, you have the right to remain silent and anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." The officer said while two more officers pulled both of them outside and handcuffed their hands behind their backs.

I stood up and ignored Sarah's cries as I watched the scene unfold. My eyes caught Rafe's as he sent me a small smile and mouthed, "It'll be okay."

I narrowed my eyes as they shoved both Rafe and Topper into the back of a cop car and drove off. I ran a hand over my face and thought about how this was not how I wanted my summer to go.

I stood there as a plan stirred in my mind. It wasn't good per se, nor was it safe, but it'd get them out.

I walked back over to Sarah and grabbed her face in my hands, "Sarah, honey, breathe for me, okay? Listen, I need you to stay here and stay calm. I know this isn't how things were supposed to go but I have a plan that will hopefully get them out. Can you do that for me?" I breathed out, wiping her fallen tears with my thumbs.

"A plan? What can you do that will get them out?" She hesitantly asked.

"Don't worry about it, alright? Just stay here and keep calm, yeah?" I said as I stood up and collected my phone and keys.

"Be safe, Lane. I can't lose you too." She whimpered and I smiled before heading out the door, dialing the number I hoped would help.

"Hello? Who is this?" The voice asked from the other side of the phone.

I climbed into my jeep and began backing out of the driveway. "Hey Cas, it's me, Lane. I need a favor." I said, checking my mirrors for any traffic.