Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE 

Everyone comes from some where, a place they call their home or where they came from.

Others may leave where they are from, many actually stay.

In my case, my little town called Pine Wood in the most boring state in the US, South Carolina, people usually stay in this small town of 457 and live their same boring lives day after day.

My Momma once said that she should have left this place a long time ago, and that's what she did when I was ten years old. She left, and she never looked back. But she had given me one piece of advice before she left my Daddy and my sister Ryanne, "Don't make a life in PineWood baby girl. One you get the chance, leave this God forsaken town."

She then kissed me on my head and left, and I haven't heard from her in four years.  But that piece of advice stuck in my head these past 7 years she's been gone.

And once I graduate, that is exactly what I plan to do. Leave.

~~

"Momma- please don't go."

"I have to baby girl...this place is not for me. Maybe once I get on my feet, I will take you away from here."  Momma promised as she looked at me. But even then I knew she never would send for me.

So I watched her leave after she kissed me on my head.

"Momma!" I yelled but her frail figure vanished from my vision as all I could remember was her moist hazel green eyes looking back at me as she left my life forever.

And then my vision turned into blackness.-

"Addison Rae! Mommy and Daddy said to get up now!"  My bratty little sister, Mary-Faith shouted through the door. 

My eyes flew open as I felt myself drenched in sweat from the nightmare I hated the most. I groaned as I looked at the clock and Mary pounded on my door again.

I sweat one day, that child will have it coming to her. I thought nastily as I threw a near by shoe at the door angrily to shut up my seven year old sister.

"I am up! Now stop pounding on my door before I do the same to you!" I bellowed as my voice sounded hoarse.  Mary-Faith shouted something else but finally walked away as I sighed and climbed out of my bed slowly. 

Today was my last first day of high school as I could not wait to get this year over with so I could finally leave this house, and this town. But the thought of still having a year left made me groan and slowly get ready for school.

I walked into my own bathroom as I saw how pale I looked into the mirror. I wasn't a huge fan of make-up but decided to use some to make me look less sick.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as I stared at my reflection back into the mirror. Not one trace of my father looked back at me. I knew I was an exact replicate of my mother which made it harder sometimes to hide the pain of abandonment from myself.

Her same hazel eyes with a tint of light blue shine back at me. I had her ringlet rich honey brown hair that was a mess to brush or even do anything with. Like hers, it frizzed all the time, but my mother always had her hair done perfectly up or done.

But to me, my mother looked beautiful all the time and she was a beauty in everyone's eyes.  On me, her looks that she gave me didn't look just right on myself. Sure I had her curly honey brown hair and hazel eyes. But where her skin was a tanned olive color, mine looked pale and ashy on some occasions that made me look sick.  She was tall and curvy with curves in the right place via me who was medium sized and had the body of a stick. I never stood out where my mother always captured eyes with her presence.