so basically, y'all couldn't talk. but luckily, you sat next to aliyah, one of your best friends.

you two do talk a lot but you get your work done, so the teacher doesn't really care.

"and then, get this girl, this nigga tried to be with my home girl kayla the day after! like can you believe that shi- y/n? are you listening?" aliyah shakes you out of your small daze.

"oh shit, my bad. im just tryna think about what imma wear to aria's party." you say.

aliyah froze for a second, "well shit. i gotta start thinking to. let's all three go shopping together this weekend."

"girl im sorry but i got plans with my man," you replied.

aliyah huffs, "you really gon skip girl time for some dick? wow, you fake." she joked.

"i can't help it, it's too good." you joke as well.

"you lost yo virginity and don't know how to act," aliyah laughed.

"sike nah, ill come!" you reply quickly.

"hell yessss. im thinkin bout getting a black dress with-"

all of a sudden you and aliyah see the class door open. it's a black boy with blonde dreads.

wait a minute ... he looks a little familiar-

"oh shit girl ... is that tyson or am i trippin??" aliyah said gasping.

you didn't reply yet because you were shocked.

miles got off his phone and saw the boy, then saw your reaction to the boy.

"welcome class, this is our new student Tyson. everybody let's make him feel welcome here. you can sit in front of that boy miles."
ms. howard says.

miles doesn't pay any mind to
tyson sitting in front of him, but he's still curious why you look so weirded out.

Mooki🫶🏽🫀: is typing . . .

Mooki🫶🏽🫀: do yk him?
----

oh shit.

for some background info, tyson was your ex that you dated for about 6 months. that was before you even met miles, and you lived in a different part of new york, so it was a pretty long time ago.

tyson was your boy best friend, and eventually y'all caught feelings. the relationship was alright, but y'all eventually broke up because you were moving and y'all just lost feelings for each other.

a few years later, you moved to brooklyn and met your soulmate miles. we'll get into y'all's love story a different time, but y'all get it.

so you don't really know where you and tyson stand.

but you can't lie to miles, so you admit that he's your ex.

You: yeah he's my ex. that's why im looking shocked.

Mooki🫶🏽🫀: is typing . . .