Chapter 1: *Ding!* You've Received a New Message(Headache)!

***

Author's Note:

I have no idea what I'm doing. None at all. This was just a fic I thought of randomly one day while trying to simultaneously read "Trash of Count's Family" and play the game "Vincent: Secret of the Myers."
Warning: This may not be accurate, as I only started to play this game less than a month ago. And I'm writing this in the middle of the night before I forget the idea. This is also the first time I'm writing about TCF/LCF, so the characters will probably be OOC.

(And yes, this is my first TCF fic. If you've read the other one that came out on the same day, that was a throw-away idea that I just had to write down- it was started after this one, but posted first.)

Anyways, for all that Kyuu gave me nightmares, she did help me with the fic! So, I do appreciate what she did for me but don't tell her that. Oh wait, she reads this doesn't she- shoot.

(Decided to Post on Wattpad as well...)

-----

Cale had once believed that he'd gotten used to waking up in dangerous situations.

Waking up on Wind Island with over a thousand gallons of dead mana about to detonate and crash upon him. Opening his eyes as pain debilitated his body with his plate slowly shattering. There had always been a chance of dying whenever he woke.

However, this takes the cake.

How exactly did I get into this situation again?

Racing through a dark corridor at night was not his idea of fun. Running has never been his favorite form of exercise.

However, he'd prefer running over dying.

After all, being alive is the best.

Almost immediately after he thought that, a creature emerged from the darkness of the corridor. With a wailing cry and eerie clicking noises, the monster lunged after him. Or perhaps, the person running next to him?

Cale glanced at the girl beside him. She looked terrified, but he supposed that dealing with a frightened girl with no combat experience whatsoever was easier to deal with as opposed to the creepy robot-zombie hybrid behind him.

Aigoo, my poor life, the exasperated redhead laments.

*+-----~{@}~-----+*

When he first woke up, it was because of a migraine.

Ugh, my head.

With a groan, the crimson-haired man rubbed at his temples. He felt sluggish and weak, his limbs trembling as he struggled to hold them up. The sensation similar to that of a dragon going berserk in his brain had not helped.

Arg, why does it hurt so much?

The person massaging his head frowned. He did not like pain, as he found it annoying. Nonetheless, it was something that he had to deal with quite often. However, after the berserk dragon in his mind calmed down a bit, something struck him as odd.

There was no reason for my head to hurt... What happened?

The former commander frowned, opening his eyes.

He immediately shut it again.

Ugh, too bright.

The man had no idea what the current time was, but the painfully brilliant lamps were not helping either way. He feels his headache slowly getting worse.

This is annoying, the redhead grumbled to himself. He began to think.

So, what exactly happened again? He struggled to recall what had happened.