Chapter 1: The Hideout

Start from the beginning

"Is she a new recruit?" Hidan asks Itachi.

"A new recruit?" The blonde repeats, "But Hidan's supposed to be the new recruit! He's only been here for a year or so!"

Itachi clenches his jaw, growing impatient with them.

"She is... special," Kisame interjects, "But she is not a recruit. Rather, she is more of a test subject than anything... She may turn out to be very useful to us."

The blonde scoffs snarkily in my direction. What a bratty kid. 

"Oh, yeah? And what's so special about her?"

"She is the first person to have ever been notably discovered who does not possess even an ounce of chakra," Itachi explains, "She is a phenomenon."

Both Hidan's and the blonde kid's eyes widen with much curiosity.

"How is that even possible?" Hidan asks, "It's ridiculous!"

Kisame shrugs.

"Samehada couldn't detect even a drop of her chakra to feed on," he says, "That's how we figured it out."

Here he goes talking about his strange, moving sword again. That thing freaks me out like no other.

"We're going to present her to the boss," he continues.

I can't help but notice Itachi's eyes flicker rapidly at him as he utters this. For a split second, I swear I see a look of worry appear on the beautiful boy's face, but I write it off as nothing but my imagination; his stoic expression is unbreakable.

"Well, well, well," the blonde mutters, walking up to me after hearing a summary of the entire story, "I suppose you will be of some use to us, then."

He outstretches his hand toward me, a toothy grin on his face. However, I refuse to shake it, seeing as there are strange mouths with tongues hanging from them attached to both hands.

"The name's Deidara. I'm an artist, no, beyond that—I am art itself. My art is a part of my very being! I've discovered the great answer to creating true art... Art is an explosion!"
What a weird guy. Unsure of how to respond, I simply reply by stating my name.

The other one, Hidan, introduces himself as the follower of a religion created by a god called Jashin. Although, it sounds more like a cult than a religion, in my opinion.

He may be even stranger than the blonde Deidara guy.

Great, somehow I've gotten myself mixed up with a blue man who carries around a moving shark-like blade, a sadistic pyromaniac who has tongues growing from his palms, and a follower of a cult who will probably advise me to convert to his odd ways. Oh, and, I almost forgot—Itachi Uchiha, my best friend's manga crush who has somehow materialized as a gorgeous, real man standing right in front of me.

What is happening?

"Y/N," Itachi utters, pulling me out of my disturbed daze, "Enough introductions. Come with me."

Reluctantly, I heed his words, following him out of the large room and into a separate area of the cavern hideout. It's not like I have a choice whether or not to obey him. If I don't, he may wind up murdering me in cold blood! Why does Tab like this guy, again? He's so scary!

Itachi leads me into a small chamber, which is completely barren except for two rickety chairs sitting opposite one another. I swallow hard, nervous for the fate that awaits me.

He's not gonna torture me, is he? What should I do? Maybe I should make a run for it!

"Don't worry," he says out of the blue, apparently having sensed my apprehension, "I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to ask you a few questions. Have a seat."