Chapter 1 : Back To The Palace

You remember you have spent many days here. Some are sweet, while some are painful. You promised yourself you would take revenge if there was an afterlife, and you always keep your words.

Peaches are in full bloom. The light scent travels with the red walls and green leaves.

Towers and pavilions at every corner, wrapped in countless corridors and decorated roofs. Every faction fights for itself. Eyes cannot move from such extravagance. The most majestic place in the world, the Forbidden City.

You extend your hand and feel a petal fall into your hand. Memories come back to you like veils, unwrapping layer by layer.

This most majestic place has your most cherished moments and your worst nightmares.

So what if revenge is dangerous. I'll stomp every obstacle that comes my way!

[Shi Lian] (Quietly) Miss, the Matron is here!

Shi Lian's voice brings you back. You let go of the petal and watch it fly with the wind as the stern Matron approaches.

[Old Matron] (Sternly) Listen up. Palace Duties should be taken seriously as it is your duty to serve your masters. Any mistakes can cost you your job, but it might cost your life!

The young girls stand nervously in the big yard. They get even tenser after hearing the Old Matron.

[Old Matron] Caste is the most important part of the palace. Your level determines the type of Palace Duties you can do.

[Shi Lian] (Quietly) Miss, we really have to work hard then so we can avoid tough jobs like laundry and sewing.

The Old Matron is still talking. You remember not to break rules, so you nod.

[Shi Lian] It's just the Old Matron is so mean.

Shi Lian makes you a bit comforted. You are no longer afraid of the road ahead no matter how hard it can be.

[Luna] Let's work together.

[Old Matron] (Stares angrily) Were you allowed to speak? Where do you put the rules?

You shut your lips after getting berated, and listen to her carefully.

[Old Matron] One person in every batch of maids will be selected to become the supervisor to be in charge of everyone's responsibilities.

Everyone lights up when they hear it. If you can get promoted, then you'll have a better chance of being put into more important roles by the ladies, and your life will be easier.

The girls began to chatter, but you take up the clothes and try to figure out how to do laundry.

You were spoiled as a kid, and have no idea how to do laundry.

[Luna] (Distressed) Shi Lian, how do I wash this?

[Shi Lian] (Facepalm) Miss, shouldn't we be more worried about promotions? What are you doing with laundry?

[Luna] I know, but... Have you seen a supervisor that doesn't know how to do laundry?

Shi Lian was worried about you not being able to get used to the palace duties, but seeing you being proactive, she gets settled.

[Shi Lian] (Sighs) I'll teach you then Miss. Watch.

[Luna] (Light up) Wow! How did you do that Shi Lian? Fast and clean! You are incredible!