Lightning Strikes

You and Steve Harrington have been dating since freshman year. Both of your dads went to Harvard together and you had known Steve since you were infants. Always together during the holidays and weekend trips to Indianapolis, your friendship blossomed into something more. He wasn't always big hair and a cute ass in jeans, he was once a pimply preteen with a puberty voice and braces. But it didn't matter, you loved him then and loved him now. Going into your senior year you couldn't wait to graduate high school and leave Indiana behind with Steve by your side. You had both already talked about going to Harvard to follow in your parents footsteps. It was the perfect, ideal life you had always wanted. It was a safe option, And you were smitten.

Living in Bridgeport which is east of Hawkins about 15 miles and an even smaller town than Hawkins, you didn't really know anyone besides Steve's friends that went to Hawkins High. So when he picked you up on that hot July night to go to a party at some farm in Hawkins, you didn't expect to meet anyone in particular.

"Steve can you please slow down, I'm going to poke my fucking eye out back here!" Robin yells from the backseat, Robin had been trying to achieve the perfect smoky eye look for the last 10 miles.

"Oh piss off Robin, Vickie will be too busy staring at your boobies to notice whether or not your eyeliner is even" Steve shoots back.

You stifle a giggle, their banter is something you miss during the school months when you're dealing with the assholes at your school. Steve squeezes your thigh and gives you a wink before turning up the radio and singing along to REO Speedwagon.

"Hey did you guys hear that Susie and her family are moving to Hawkins?! I thought Dustin was going to lose his voice when he told me he was screaming so loud" you added through the car.

Steve turns the radio down and agrees, "yeah he was pretty excited, honestly I am too it'll be nice to actually meet her instead of listening to him talk about her 24/7".

"Fucking finally!" Robin says as Steve pulls up to the large nearly run down barn. Usually the parties you accompany Steve to are at his house but, both of your parents were there throwing a "Wine Club" party for the Hawkins elite. So Tommy Johnson, who must have been a senior like Steve, decided to have the pre holiday celebration at his parents abandoned barn. It made you feel a little uncomfortable drinking somewhere you've never been before. Both Steve and Robin assured you it was cool, Tommy's parents were friends with the Hawkins Police and they never bothered to even check in.

Robin is the first out of the car before it's even in park, she grabs her bottle of Boonesfarm from the trunk and makes her way over to where Vickie is dancing along to Michael Jackson. Before you can even unbuckle your seatbelt, Robin and Vickie are all over each other. You clear your throat to Steve pointing out Robin and Vickie. Steve rolls his eyes and laughs.

"She deserves to be happy, it took her a long time to find someone who wasn't just using her for a one time experience". A single tear wells up in his eyes and you can see how incredibly happy he is for his closest friend.

Robin truly is one of a kind. Taller than most girls and uniquely her own, Robin was sweet and your first friend from Hawkins outside of Steve. In the 4 years you've known her, she has never forgotten your birthday or your and Steve's anniversary. You had heard of the awful things people would say to her knowing that she was different, the popular girls even accused her of staring and taking pictures of them in the locker rooms while changing for P.E. She was the town pariah until Vickie showed up, saving Robin in ways no one else could.

Slamming the door shut to the car and making your way over to Steve, you smile up at him as he wraps his arm around your waist walking into the Christmas light lit barn.