"I know another place that you can roll around permanently. Do you want to go there?"

"No, Sir!" Ezekiel, who was the last to get up, raised his voice and his hand to salute.

The soil splattered right across Felix's face and his expensive suit and the three young adults could be seen quivering in their boots.

Felix spat the dirt that caught in his mouth to the side. Then smeared off the rest. "Go run fifty laps around the barrack," Felix instructed. "NOW!!!"

But right now, back to this present day, Lucas wondered if there was enough room to run fifty laps, to rinse off his mistake as a punishment.

Or would it be another earful lecture from his superior?

Or if it could be something else worse.

One thing is for sure, he wasn't ready to leave or abort this mission.

Pictures after pictures from the previous encounter at the incident left Lucas shambling in guilt. While he was grateful to be alive, he cursed himself for reacting too slowly for it shouldn't have come to this.

Truthfully, he knew he did not succeed in the aforementioned assignment and even if he was still alive and breathing right now, there would be no way Felix would let him off the hook that easily.

As if sensing Lucas' racing thoughts, Lilian walked over, putting a hand on his shoulder, consoling him.

"It's just a test, Lucas. Nothing serio-"

"Lilian," Felix interrupted. "Lady Athanasia could have been in grave danger."

Lucas tipped his head, his eyes leveled the ground, and his bare feet.

"But she isn't," said Lilian as she raised Lucas' chin with her fingertips without having to look at the young man.

'Head held high, Lucas.' That's what the woman was trying to tell him.

Lucas' lips parted. Before he could say anything, the bullets would rain above his head nonstop.

"You wouldn't have said this if Lady Athanasia was injured."

"I stand my ground that unless Anything Actually Happens, I won't make an assumption as you did."

"It's not an assumption. It's called Precaution."

Before the argument could lead on, Lucas spoke up first, "I will atone for my punishments if that's what you want, Felix."

Lilian shot her husband a glare and Felix took a deep breath in. "I am not the one who decides the punishment," he said.

"Then who?"

"Someone who has higher authority over me."

"It doesn't answer the question."

"A test and an assignment or mission are different. Whether you will receive punishment or be lifted completely, the whole process of your sentence will be decided by the advisors. You have up and down to your scores. In some fields you did exceptionally well, in some others, you did not."

Lucas grunted in disapproval. "Still doesn't answer the question."

"Then I have no more answer for you. I'm just one of your 'Drill Instructor' and nothing more. I can't decide your fate."

"Then answer why she needed to be there if it was a test just for me?"

"It was a test... For both of you."

Lucas heaved his brow, confused. Though Felix could only see the young man sitting still on the chair since the bodyguard was behind Lucas. Still, the older man knew what the boy was thinking.