chapter I

FROM the years daemyra could remember of living in the court, she had experienced a lot of things

from hearing the tales of daemon targaryen, mostly from the servants, but sometimes even from her father, to getting to know the word bastard and its meaning from quite a young age, she often noticed that whenever she was with the velaryon boys it was much more frequent.

she and jacaerys were born shortly after one another, and being of the same age the two would get along quite well.

he always seemed to have the ability to make the girl smile, even at moments when she really didn't want to.

and while he had a natural talent with emotions, she was a natural with a sword. and so the two would help one another, becoming better. together. they balanced eachother in such a ethereal way, it was entrancing to see.

rhaenyra loved the girl as well, almost as much as her son did. she knew that while they had eachother they would eventually be alright, no matter the circumstances. if one of them fell down, the first hand to offer help was from the other.

on this day, the princess had just given birth to a babe. joffrey was his name, daemyra heard around the castle. she could not be more enthusiastic to see the targaryen woman she adored so deeply.

but at the moment, she, her brothers and the velaryon boys were in the dragon pit, waiting to be introduced to vermax, jace's dragon.

the boy was eagerly standing next to her, almost jumping up and down from excitement and thread. daemyra had to try hard to keep the large smile from attacking her lips.

"let him come." one of the keepers said, and so jace stepped forward, but not without looking back at the girl, who gave him a nod of encouragement.

it didn't take much for the dragon to be feasting on some burned sheep, and jacaerys to be beaming with pride.

"aemond, we have a surprise for you." aegon says, causing daemyra to quickly turn to her brother in confusion, "what is it?" he inquired, "something very special." luke said before running off.

"you're the only one of us without a dragon," aegon started, "i mean, even our sisters have them. heleana with dreamfyre and daemyra with cannibal," the dragon's name being mentioned immediately filled the girl with happiness. she loved her dragon, and if the day ever came where she would go down, then they would go down together.

deamyra targaryen became a legend throughout the realm at the mere age of four, for that is when she somehow claimed her dragon, the frightful and unforgiving beast known as the cannibal.

it happened on a bright summer day in which the king, her father, had decided to host a hunting day in the king's woods to once again attempt to bring together his family, not realising that the two sides were formed the moment he decided to wed his daughter's most loyal companion.